PDA

View Full Version : Retrieve data from mysql database

xchrisx
03-21-2013, 10:35 AM
Does anyone know the process for accessing a remote mysql database via Lightwave. Obviously sqlite is for local databases only, and I am not having much luck getting lightwave to use sqlalchemy. Any ideas?

Thanks
Chris

xchrisx
03-21-2013, 05:29 PM
Unfortunately I got frustrated with Lightwave not allowing me to import sqlalchemy for whatever reason so I wrote an external python script that can retrieve the database data and by utilizing subprocess Popen inside of Layout to read that output in my case. Wish I could keep it all contained within Lightwave but at least this process works for the time being. If anyone knows of a way to do it all within Lightwave I am all ears.

sami
03-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Unfortunately I got frustrated with Lightwave not allowing me to import sqlalchemy for whatever reason so I wrote an external python script that can retrieve the database data and by utilizing subprocess Popen inside of Layout to read that output in my case. Wish I could keep it all contained within Lightwave but at least this process works for the time being. If anyone knows of a way to do it all within Lightwave I am all ears.

Glad you sorted it, and don't have a better idea for now, but does your method work on both mac & windows platforms?

xchrisx
03-21-2013, 11:07 PM
I dont have a mac to test it on, but I believe it could work on a mac. I will see if I can find some time to clean it up and post an example.