PDA

View Full Version : wet clothing problem

jimiclaybrooks
03-21-2013, 06:58 AM
I'm trying to do a character in water, where the clothing sticks to the person like wet clothes do. The problem is, when I try and do it with the attract option in cloth fx, the cloth is repelled from the collision object. Has anyone had success with this feature, and if so, what settings did you use? I've tried everything I can think of, with no success. thanks BTW, I'm still working in 9.6, not 11 or higher.

Surrealist.
03-21-2013, 07:20 AM
I think images, sample scene files more details and take it to the support sections.

RebelHill
03-21-2013, 07:48 AM
yeah... certain things can be twitchy... don't think sttract wil serve too well i this situation. Try instead the polygon size (or whatever it was called) option... lets u shrink the clothing item around something.

Surrealist.
03-21-2013, 08:22 AM
I wouldn't use that either it can be very tricky and increase the calc time. The problem has to do with the collision distance.

Please take this to a proper support forum. Really. I am not trying to be a [email protected]#k. But that is where this belongs and you need to give some more scene details, an image or two and so on. Then we can all chip in and try to help you.

jimiclaybrooks
03-21-2013, 10:23 AM
Sorry, I thought this was the proper forum. Which one should I use? I posted on the general support forum, was that OK?

Surrealist.
03-21-2013, 07:03 PM
That works or you can use tips and tricks too. :)