PDA

View Full Version : LWCAD No thickness???

Tony3d
03-21-2013, 06:17 AM
I installed LWCAD yesterday, and noticed that thickness is nowhere to be found. Can someone explain to me how I can find it? I'm running on Mac 10.8.3, Lightwave 11.5, and 11.03. Thanks.

OlaHaldor
03-21-2013, 06:39 AM
You can use Mass Extrude. :)
I think he rephrased it, or merged the tools for all I know.

Creativetone
03-21-2013, 06:40 AM
Hi Tony! Mass Extrude = replacement for Thickness tool. If you are using LWCAD 4 ->

Tony3d
03-21-2013, 07:25 AM
Yes, Just figured that out. This tool set is really great! The only think I have a problem with is his selection process when in mass modes. There seems to be no way to select continuous amount of points at one time. You have to click on each, and everyone. I thought that since your holding the shift key you could just slide the mouse to keep selecting, but thats not the case. Am I missing something?

phillydee
03-21-2013, 07:46 AM
The only think I have a problem with is his selection process when in mass modes.

Hi Tony3d, I've had my share of frustrating moments with the "Mass Round" tool where I only wanted to round 3 or 4 edges... hope these tips help:

- when in perspective view, make sure you rotate your object so that no two edge handles overlay each other...
- hold shift to add to the selection of edges you want to round
- once you've selected your edges, let go of shift... move your cursor out to where there's no geometry, and click and drag.

The last part for me was the kicker. I was always accidentally de-selecting, and it was driving me nuts! I finally just played with it until I realized it's workflow and how it was designed to work.

Hope that saves you some frustration... good luck!

Tony3d
03-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Hi Tony3d, I've had my share of frustrating moments with the "Mass Round" tool where I only wanted to round 3 or 4 edges... hope these tips help:

- when in perspective view, make sure you rotate your object so that no two edge handles overlay each other...
- hold shift to add to the selection of edges you want to round
- once you've selected your edges, let go of shift... move your cursor out to where there's no geometry, and click and drag.

The last part for me was the kicker. I was always accidentally de-selecting, and it was driving me nuts! I finally just played with it until I realized it's workflow and how it was designed to work.

Hope that saves you some frustration... good luck!

Thanks I do get that. My problem is that there is simply no way I can figure how to select multiple points at once, like lightwave's option key right mouse button move.

phillydee
03-21-2013, 09:00 AM
there is simply no way I can figure how to select multiple points at once Yeah it's point and click for now... tedious. Miss-click one or accidentally de-select, then it's start-over :oye:

Mastoy
03-21-2013, 09:05 AM
Mass Round can be activated with polygons selected. This way you can trick it to round only a piece of geometry.
It's better than nothing ;)

phillydee
03-21-2013, 09:13 AM
Mass Round can be activated with polygons selected. This way you can trick it to round only a piece of geometry.
It's better than nothing ;) You're right, that's great for most situations--mental note taken!

Tony3d
03-21-2013, 09:29 AM
It's better than nothing ;)

Thanks for the tip. That makes much easier.