PDA

View Full Version : Aligner still not working in 11.5?

Snosrap
03-19-2013, 09:45 PM
Go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84lZiIaHBrU&feature=youtu.beto see a bug I've reported two years ago and is still not fixed in LW11.5. It works fine in the foreground/background modes but not in the absolute mode. Could someone please confirm bug? Thanks.

Matt
03-19-2013, 10:01 PM
It's not that we're incapable of creating content, it's because if we have to create content for every single report that comes in, that slows us down. Although in this case I suspect it's more to do with the fact the report was closed due to lack of a specific description as to what is broken or any steps recreate the issue.

I just tried the exact same steps as in the video in LightWave 11.5 (64bit) and it works fine for me, it doesn't collapse the points here.

adk
03-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Tried the same steps in

L11.5 (32 bit) ... works fine & no point collapsing
L11.3 (32 bit) ... works fine & no point collapsing
L11.2 (32 bit) ... works fine & no point collapsing
L11.0.1 (32 bit) ... works fine & no point collapsing
L10.1 (32 bit) ... works fine & no point collapsing
L9.6 (32 bit) ... works fine & no point collapsing

Have no idea what it actually is but could very well be something with your install(s) Snosrap. I always isolate my configs per each install.

Lewis
03-20-2013, 02:11 AM
Works fine here also in 64b and 32b LWM11.5.

Only thing i noticed to be strange is that I need to hit undo 3 times to get it back on initial location, seems like it's using too many undo slots at once ?

Matt
03-20-2013, 02:24 AM
Works fine here also in 64b and 32b LWM11.5.

Only thing i noticed to be strange is that I need to hit undo 3 times to get it back on initial location, seems like it's using too many undo slots at once ?

That script is very old now, it could be that it was written before the Undo Group functionality was added.

Lewis
03-20-2013, 02:32 AM
Yeah it might be, then maybe it's time to get fresh new aligner tools with snapping and interactive (I hate those popup/Lscript tools whivh don't respect numeric window anyway ;)) in next cycle :).

Snosrap did you tried with fresh new CLEAN configs without any 3rd party installed?

Snosrap
03-20-2013, 11:34 AM
Thanks guys. I just tried it on my work PC and the cube collaspes as shown in the video. I also had my two colleagues give it a go, on one it worked as it should and the other the cube collasped as in the video. I trashed my configs and still have the same result - a collasped box. Could it be a hardware/graphics card issue?

Sensei
03-20-2013, 11:49 AM
Could someone please confirm bug?

Works fine. As expected to work..
Box is 2 m moved up.

Snosrap
03-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Quick update - my colleague who was not having the issue informed me today that he had run into the issue today while in World mode. Sure enough I tried World mode and it collapses the polys into one point in space.