PDA

View Full Version : Bought LWCAD Still Waiting

Tony3d
03-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Hi all, I bought LWCAD at 2:00 p.m. Today from Safe Harbor, but still haven't heard anything from WTools. How Long does it typically take?

COBRASoft
03-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Normally, within 24 hours. A bit patience :D.

Tony3d
03-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Gimme, gimme, I want it now. It will be so nice to round an edge, and know it will work.

JonW
03-19-2013, 11:40 PM
Victor does take a little while, but it is a small business but he does do things as quick as he can & is about the most helpful person out there.

Make sure you follow the videos for install & registration on his website (pause the video while you install to give yourself time). I have to watch the video every time there is an upgrade but you will save time if you follow the videos diligently.

Once you learn a bit about LWCad you will kick yourself that you didn't get it earlier!

Tony3d
03-20-2013, 08:00 AM
Where is wtools located?

COBRASoft
03-20-2013, 08:02 AM
Poland (I think :)).

Edit: He's from Slovakia (sorry Viktor) :D.

Tony3d
03-20-2013, 09:01 AM
Been looking at some of the Tutorials on his site. Sure hope I can figure out how to apply some these tools which look heavily geared towards architecture, to product modeling. I'm sure as I become more familiar with the toolset, it will come to me. Sure wish it was geared more to mechanical drawing.

COBRASoft
03-20-2013, 09:08 AM
LWCad is not only for archviz, I use it for the most simple things as creating a box, tube, rotation with snapping, scale with snapping, vector clone, array clone, KNIFE, ... I think the snapping in all the tools is the most handy of all. It is flexible, customizable, ...

Tony3d
03-20-2013, 09:17 AM
Seems like all that stuff can already be done in Lightwave. What makes the plugin version so much better? Pardon my questioning, but I have no experience with LWCAD. I'm sure the advantages must be great just from the positive comments I've been getting.

COBRASoft
03-20-2013, 09:35 AM
Once you'll have it in your hands, you'll understand this better. It's the speed of the tools and the ease of use. E.g. the boolean functionality built in the tools like box, cylinder, ... are super handy.

colkai
03-20-2013, 11:17 AM
Once you'll have it in your hands, you'll understand this better.
This is probably the understatement of the year. ;) :D

I don't think I do any modelling at all without calling on LWCAD tools constantly.

Tony3d
03-20-2013, 11:22 AM
Well According to Safe Harbor he sent it, but I never received it. It's not in my trash, or junk. They are looking into it. This aways happens to me When I order over the web. You should see how Apple screwed up my Mac Pro order.

COBRASoft
03-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Tony3D, Safe Harbor has to check the payment manually and confirm this with Viktor. I don't know all the details, but rest assured, Viktor will do what he can to give you your license as soon as he can.

- - - Updated - - -

colkai: exactly!

Tony3d
03-20-2013, 01:35 PM
All's good. Just got it! Install went fine. Now I have to learn this stuff. Really don't care about all the building stuff, but just played with mass rounder. Oh boy that's nice! Really surprised I didn't any kind of a manual. I know the website has bits and pieces of all the manuals, but it would be nice if he just made a complete manual that covered everything.

Tony3d
03-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Seems like the shift key to select stuff works, but then when I slide it does nothing unless I use the numerical panel slider. What's with that?

JonW
03-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Seems like all that stuff can already be done in Lightwave. What makes the plugin version so much better? Pardon my questioning, but I have no experience with LWCAD. I'm sure the advantages must be great just from the positive comments I've been getting.

For Mech drawing:
I mentioned this in another thread. The Line tool. & also the Arc & others together with the Snap Panel options & Trim tool for cleaning up lines.

hrgiger
03-20-2013, 07:32 PM

Snapping with LWCAD vs snapping in LightWave is night and day. You can't even compare the two honestly. Once you grasp how well the snapping engine is integrated with all of LWCAD's tools, you'll understand. The first thing I do whenever I install a new version of LightWave on the other hand, is to disable snaping as its just not that useful.

As far as creating the primitives, well, they can be used as real time booleans and of course you can snap them to other objects as you are creating them.

Vector/array clone is interactive and has OpenGL controls allowing you to change your number of clones and the distance between each before committing to the tool.

Knife tool again is much more useful then LW's when you can snap your cuts exactly to components.

Tony3d
03-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Ok, now it's working right after I restated Lightwave.