PDA

View Full Version : Taking a Bullet...

Richard Hebert
03-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Bullet Physics are very cool... How do I go about applying bullet to an object that is keyframed? Here's the scenario... I have a helicopter that I want to destroy the rotor blades on. The rotor blades are parented to the Rotor Head. When Bullet is applied to the blades they fall away on impact but still retain the parenting to the falling rotor head and behave as such during free fall. Is there a way to disengage parenting after collision so that the parts are not affected by the parenting relationship after impact?. Hope this isn't too vague.

Richard

Afalk
03-16-2013, 11:54 AM
Look at it from a dynamic parenting direction. I know this vid might help::
Rebel hill Dynamic Parenting within CA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecQLT4uNZkU

ALso - try a google search on dynamic parenting :: that can help a lot as well !

Good luck!

m.d.
03-16-2013, 11:57 PM
Bullet Physics are very cool... How do I go about applying bullet to an object that is keyframed? Here's the scenario... I have a helicopter that I want to destroy the rotor blades on. The rotor blades are parented to the Rotor Head. When Bullet is applied to the blades they fall away on impact but still retain the parenting to the falling rotor head and behave as such during free fall. Is there a way to disengage parenting after collision so that the parts are not affected by the parenting relationship after impact?. Hope this isn't too vague.

Richard
Make it a parts object...no parenting at all....you may have to key frame the glue strength to keep it high until the moment of collision

Richard Hebert
03-17-2013, 01:05 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a shot after work.

prometheus
03-18-2013, 08:23 AM
Thanks, I'll give it a shot after work.

Please get back with feedback on how it goes, I posted a question about moving parts such as rotor blades quite some time ago, and incorporating bullet dynamics with moving parts, but
I didnīt get any reply to that, and I havenīt investigated it further either.

Michael

Richard Hebert
03-19-2013, 01:23 AM
On the first initial test, it looks like this may work using "Activate on Last Keyframe" option but more testing is needed (which I'm doing right now). I'll let you know how it goes in this post.

3DGFXStudios
03-19-2013, 02:27 AM
Make it a parts object...no parenting at all....you may have to key frame the glue strength to keep it high until the moment of collision

and than the door will fall off.

Richard Hebert
03-19-2013, 03:09 AM
Everything is disappearing when the last keyframe is reached. Not sure what's going on but if anyone has any thoughts feel free to jump in...

Richard Hebert
03-23-2013, 05:59 PM
OK, using the Activate on Last Keyframe option let me do this test run... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghnU0EcGfvw&feature=youtu.be Still needs some changes to model to get what I'm after.