PDA

View Full Version : How to get red dots on UV island borders

Boris Goreta
03-15-2013, 10:52 AM
I need to get red dots on every UV island border. Otherwise when I import this to ZBrush UV is a mess.

Boris Goreta
03-15-2013, 10:55 AM
When I unwrap the model in ZBrush and import it in LW all UV points are red dots. How do I do that when creating UVs in LW ?

nickdigital
03-15-2013, 11:07 AM
I think red dots are shared points between uv islands. So you want those or don't want those?

Either way not sure the user has any control over them. You could try doing a complete unweld and then weld back.

Boris Goreta
03-15-2013, 11:12 AM
I want them badly. Unwelding and welding doesn't give me red dots.

nickdigital
03-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Sorry, don't have an answer for you on this one. Someone who's been going in and out of ZBrush will hopefully chime in.

probiner
03-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Yeah, Discontinous vertices in LW can be a bugger.

I don't know if this will solve your Zbrush problem, but will make you accomplish what you ask:

As an example open the attached object file:

- Make a square that frames the UV
- Translate it all away from the 1x1 area like in the attachment
- Make a vertex selection set from vertices in the seams (I managed to access them by using PLG's "unweld along UV" and then selecting all polygons and "select outline points".
- Run SUV_Map_Fit (https://www.respower.com/blog/?page_id=542). Will make all vertices discontinuous.
- Select the white vertices left behind (this is why the UV is translated) and run "Clear Map" on them.
- Select the Selection Set vertices, invert the selection and run "Weld UV", this will make all the internal vertices white, while leaving the seam ones in red.
- Delete the dummy square.

Sorry if this is overcomplicated, but it was what came to mind when reading the issue :)

Cheers

Boris Goreta
03-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Thanks a lot I will try this. Please if you know how to make all uv points red tell me because zbrush is ok with that and i hope that procedure for that would be simpler.

probiner
03-15-2013, 01:09 PM
well basically you want to split the vertices of the seams, if you find a plugin/procedure that does, just that, you're set :)

cheers