PDA

View Full Version : Is There A Way To Use The Alpha Channel When Rendering Out Images?

Electrocaseal
03-15-2013, 04:15 AM
Right now I use green screening when I render out my animations to composite it into other scenes in video editors. Is there a way to have the blank space with no thing in it alpha so i dont have to use green screening? i ask this because i noticed that if the green screening model has glowing to it that the glow will mix with the green screen making it hard to use unless i make a black background green screen just for light glow etc.

Simon-S
03-15-2013, 04:45 AM
Just render out as a 32bit image sequence to have a transparent background in your renders.

Electrocaseal
03-15-2013, 06:52 AM
Just render out as a 32bit image sequence to have a transparent background in your renders.

lol holy **** it works

Skonk
03-15-2013, 06:59 AM
Lightwave's default behavior is to create alpha channels as it renders so the only limitation is on the format you save to; so as suggested rendering to 32 images will work but you can also have it save color and alpha images as separate files and there are several video formats that can store the alpha too (quicktime set to uncompressed or "animation" can store alpha as i understand it).

khan973
03-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Be sure that you use a black or white background (depending on your render mood) alongside with 32bit image to ensure you dont't have unintended outlines due to antialiasing.

prometheus
03-18-2013, 08:52 AM
yeah tga 32 works nicely as image sequences, if you would render out a fire and smoke sequence from turbulenceFD for example, load it in with after effects and import tga sequence as straight-unmatted.

Michael