PDA

View Full Version : Bullet: Calc Sim Using Negative Frames

Chrusion
03-14-2013, 04:36 PM
Just ran into what appears to be a non-implemented feature (hehe) in Bullet (11.5).

I have a genoma T-posed rigged character in which I moved the rest pose to frame -60 and a walk cycle starting at frame 0 in order to give Bullet cloth 30 frames to settle on a static T-pose, then another 30 to move into the contact walking pose.

The problem is that Bullet is not calculating the sim in the negative frame range and instead begins on frame 0 after the character has moved into the desired position, leaving the cloth behind. That is, the calc sim runs through the -60 frames, but the dynamic cloth mesh doesn't begin moving until

Other than the obvious of moving all the keys froward 60 frames, which means usuable rendered image file names begin at xxxx_0060.xxx, is there something I might be overlooking (already tested different Initial Activation modes in the Activation tab of Bullet)?

nickdigital
03-14-2013, 09:32 PM
This doesn't answer your question but I've read that some places start all their scenes on frame 1000 to give their shots enough pre-calc frames.