PDA

View Full Version : controlling a layers starting point in a scene.

malikai666
11-06-2003, 01:49 PM
This is probably stupid but If I have 2 layers that are Identicle with morphs and things allready applied to them how do I start them at different times on my timeline? Say if I wanted to start 1 at 10 frames and the other at 90 frames.
Its simple Im sure but Ive been up for a while and my brains playing tricks on me.

pdrake
11-06-2003, 01:53 PM
if you hold down the option key you can move the timeline with your cursor to wherever you want it to start. you can also change the start frame in the render control panel.

malikai666
11-06-2003, 02:25 PM
but that moves everthing including the 1st layer starting point. What I want to do is have both layers wich are exactly the same start at different times on the time line without having to move all the keyframes in the layer also.

mlinde
11-06-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by malikai666
but that moves everthing including the 1st layer starting point. What I want to do is have both layers wich are exactly the same start at different times on the time line without having to move all the keyframes in the layer also.
Use the graph editor to shift the frames of the stuff you want to start later.

pdrake
11-06-2003, 02:33 PM
yeah, what he said. open graph editor, select all channels of said object and shift time. (left to right or right to left).