PDA

View Full Version : Audiio Follow Variable Lead in/out

adebats
03-14-2013, 04:43 AM
HI

Currently it is 5 frames on the follow feature but this sounds a bit amateur when you have a nice frame lasting 20 frames and the sound just cuts. How about an option for the sound usings the Background variable delay (or maybe a separate field).

PIZAZZ
03-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Yep Yep

The VT had an audio fade rate... those were the days..

SBowie
03-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Just to make the point, there used to be a short crossfade here, but it was removed due to user insistence that a cut was the right approach ... just sayin' ...

PIZAZZ
03-14-2013, 09:44 AM
Just to make the point, there used to be a short crossfade here, but it was removed due to user insistence that a cut was the right approach ... just sayin' ...

Yeah I was one of those users insisting it be shorter....

30 frames I guess could be considered a short crossfade to some folks. For sports production coming out of a commercial break, 30 frames can seem like an eternity sometimes.

Though not perfect by any means, I liked that the audio fade rate could be the same as the video crossfade rate. At least when you are doing cuts and dissolves. When you are using DVEs heavily, especially with audio effects, then having the fade rates the same doesn't make sense. Would be much better to have a knob to tweak the audio crossfade rate somewhere.

adebats
03-15-2013, 10:24 AM
Totally agree - It feels a bit Monty Python at the moment with sudden sound on and off. Just a variable setting so everyone is happy would be great. Plenty of spaces in those cogs :)

JRQuigley
04-02-2013, 11:09 AM
That would be a nice addition! A rate knob to control crossfade? Yes please! :D

Joe