PDA

View Full Version : Please help me fix this slow rig.

cre8ive
03-14-2013, 02:23 AM
Hi there,

I have a rig using a combination of Genoma subrigs and "legacy" skelegons. When the rig on its own is loaded into layout, it seems to work fine. However, when the mesh that I want to deform, is loaded with it, the rig is incredibly slow to work. I reduced the Display Subpatch Level to 0. No improvement. Then tried searching forums, online tutorials and even went back to my collection of personally bought tutorials to see if I can find anything that can help me. The only thing that I can think of is that my computer cannot handle the polygon count. I have a MacBook Pro 2010 17inch dual i7 with 4Gb ram and my Vram is 512Mb.
Is there anything I can do to make my rig work smoothly?

I have included the files as attachments. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The forum wouldn't allow me to attach the lwo file so I split it into three parts.

Danner
03-14-2013, 02:54 AM
Slow performance also comes from too many or too high rez images. If your problem is polycount, use a stand in object, a blocky version of your character.

lino.grandi
03-14-2013, 06:29 AM
From the bone panel, disable Use Morph Position and be sure that Fast Bones is on.

In general, you need to create some weight maps for your model.

I hope this video can help you:

Genoma Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkrrd5QjvXM)

cre8ive
03-14-2013, 08:23 AM
Hi Danner and Lino,

Thank you for the quick response!! Disabling Use Morph Position and having Fast Bones on did the trick!!!