PDA

View Full Version : Skype background

mdhillison
03-13-2013, 07:08 PM
Can we add a custom Skype background? Can anyone point me in the place to look if I can?

jmmultex
03-14-2013, 02:09 PM
If you are talking about this in a professional context, there are several pro level devices that Skype will recognize as input sources - both component and SDI. You can feed a keyed image into one of those sources to create a virtual studio feed for Skype - effectively providing swappable backgrounds.

I know there are other consumer options for cuttingoutbackgrounds and replacing them with canned images, but these tend to be poor quality options.

Best,
John

mdhillison
04-14-2013, 07:32 PM
I phrased that badly - I'm looking to change that background royal blue and red double box on the screen where you most often would have a shot with a live studio and a remote or skype. I just can't seem to find if it is an option to load a custom one in.

My boss thinks the EZ editor on Tricaster should do it but I was looking for some documentation, etc.

Thanks!

If you are talking about this in a professional context, there are several pro level devices that Skype will recognize as input sources - both component and SDI. You can feed a keyed image into one of those sources to create a virtual studio feed for Skype - effectively providing swappable backgrounds.

I know there are other consumer options for cuttingoutbackgrounds and replacing them with canned images, but these tend to be poor quality options.

Best,
John

joedemax
04-15-2013, 09:31 AM
If you mean you want a custom double box effect, You will need a copy of Virtual Set editor to make that. However if you are referring to the Skype pillar boxing, you could just use the Crop function on the TriCaster to remove this.

mdhillison
04-16-2013, 12:53 PM
We do have the VSE. I didn't know if it was treated just like the sets in there. We have tweaked some and have loaded custom ones in for those too.

kanep
04-16-2013, 01:34 PM
This can be done without VSE as well.

Create a graphic with two alpha windows/cut outs and put this media on the overlay channel of a V input (great use for a framebuffer!).
Then use the position tools to set the A and B channels into the correct locations inside the two alpha windows. Not as automatic as using VSE, but it can be done.