PDA

View Full Version : Point camera or viewer to surface/geometry?

vector
03-13-2013, 09:49 AM
Hi

Does it exist any plugin that point a camera or focus a viewer to a surface/geometry? When I use objects with a mdd loaded the camera uses as target the pivot or the viewer focus the pivot are not useful for me. If I could do that to a surface or geometry it could be nice :)

vector
03-13-2013, 09:54 AM
Fit selected do the job for viewers, I have just remembered :S But it would be nice for a camera even lights

RebelHill
03-13-2013, 10:19 AM
You can do it with nodal motion. Using DP point info and target, you can target an item to a given mesh vertex.

vector
03-13-2013, 11:08 PM
I know, in fact I learnt to use it by you, RH, in another post :) . Thanks again

This question is because somebody that uses Softimage and now is learning LW said me that a light or camera can point to an object just with a click and he wants to know if it's possible in LW... it would be a nice add-on I think.

Something similar would be a shortkey to add as target an object: With light_1 selected press a key (in instance "x" ) and click over an object that becomes in its target. It might exists and I missed it, it wouldn't be the first time :)