PDA

View Full Version : Create keys for non-motion channels

Thomas Leitner
03-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Hi,
one thing I never liked is the way to create keys for non-motion channels: you have to open the Graph Editor, hit enter, input a frame number, hit enter, input a value and hit enter, close Graph Editor.
This becomes more annoying if want to animate a color.

Maybe the developers find a way to do this "outside" the Graph Editor.
One way to do this was introduced in Morph Mixer. They added an key button to the numeric input field (also two little arrows to jump to the next key frame).

Otherwise itīs not really coherent that if you change a value and Auto Key is on that no key is created (maybe another mode for auto key could be helpful).

Whatīs your opinion? Any other ideas?

ciao
Thomas

Ryan Roye
03-13-2013, 04:25 PM
If you click on the little key icon, you can click anywhere on the graph editor and it will create a key there... no need to mess with dialogues.

Also, for lights you may find this Light and camera rig useful:

http://www.delura.tanadrine.com/image_manualupload/IKB_CamLights.zip

Thomas Leitner
03-14-2013, 01:04 AM
If you click on the little key icon, you can click anywhere on the graph editor and it will create a key there... no need to mess with dialogues.

Hi,
yes I know this, but I want a solution "outside" the Graph Editor (BTW: usually I have to adjust the value manually in the numeric input field when I create a key with a mouse klick on the graph....).
ciao
Thomas

Hail
03-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Hi,
one thing I never liked is the way to create keys for non-motion channels: you have to open the Graph Editor, hit enter, input a frame number, hit enter, input a value and hit enter, close Graph Editor.
This becomes more annoying if want to animate a color.

Maybe the developers find a way to do this "outside" the Graph Editor.
One way to do this was introduced in Morph Mixer. They added an key button to the numeric input field (also two little arrows to jump to the next key frame).

Otherwise itīs not really coherent that if you change a value and Auto Key is on that no key is created (maybe another mode for auto key could be helpful).

Whatīs your opinion? Any other ideas?

ciao
Thomas

+1!

jeric_synergy
03-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Yeah, some attention to that issue would be nice. Not a priority here, but obviously it's annoying to you.