PDA

View Full Version : What was whis old plugin called?

sami
03-12-2013, 06:27 PM
I recall using a plugin in LightWave Layout like 8-10 years ago, but I can't recall it's name.

I'm fairly certain it was just a motion plugin, but it could have had other components that I didn't use. (or there's a slight chance it was an After Effects plugin)

Basically what it did was allow objects to seem like they were floating on water. It gave a very natural floating and bobbing motion, and I think you could control various settings to affect how that bobbing looked. It was so natural a movement it seemed like motion capture.

Can anyone remind me what it was called and/or if it is still available and/or works with LW 11.5?

thx :)

papou
03-12-2013, 06:53 PM
maybe you are thinking about NatureFx bobbing motion plugin?

Simon-S
03-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Was it called twitch? That one did something similar.

nickdigital
03-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Floater?
http://www.lwplugindb.com/plugin/sp-floater/

sami
03-12-2013, 07:39 PM
It's not Twitch, the glitchy after effect plugin. And none of these sound familiar.... possibly NatureFx?? - but for some reason I think it might have began with the letter "O"?? Though I could be wrong. I know I'll recognize it when I hear it though...

It was really realistic motion... Is NatureFx still available and working for LW 11.5?

jeric_synergy
03-12-2013, 09:43 PM
No clue, but MathMotion gave me some good sine-wave action, that I could duplicate with the similar displacement plugin to make buoys that tracked with the water surface.

No tipping and rolling though. :(

Let us hear if you remember.

jeric_synergy
03-12-2013, 09:51 PM
No clue, but MathMotion gave me some good sine-wave action, that I could duplicate with the similar displacement plugin to make buoys that tracked with the water surface.

No tipping and rolling though. :(

Let us hear if you remember.

Afalk
03-13-2013, 05:22 AM
William Vaughn has a vid that uses the plugin (I dont remember its name either) conveniently enough -- in his water displacement vids if I recall -- they are in the FP directories (link in the tutorial stickies!)

daforum
03-13-2013, 05:52 AM
Was it called "Oscillate"?

3DGFXStudios
03-13-2013, 06:54 AM
The sticky plugin? Combined with some displaced geometry?

ivanze
03-13-2013, 07:26 AM
CGFluid? This was a very old plugin to do that if I remember. It included another plugin called CGSplash too.

I found this info:

The CgFluid System is a set of two displacement map plug-ins for LightWave 3D, which allow an animator to easily create realistic fluid surfaces and splashes.

Phil
03-13-2013, 01:54 PM
I wasn't aware of Floater. The author kindly sent me the source. I hope to have a Mac64 compile later today.

daforum
03-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Could you do a Mac32bit too, for those (like me) still stuck there? :)

Edit...
I add "please" to the request as I have good manners!

sami
03-13-2013, 03:32 PM
interesting.... nothings ringing a bell... but thanks everyone, I'll try a few... it was more complex motion than just sine, it really looked like 3D wave bobbing and floating with just the right amount of random/wind or whatever makes waves look natural. I'd be interested to try Floater too Phil, when you've got it.

Don't think it was CGFluid either - but I'll search for that.

& thanks afalk, I'll check out william vaughn's tutes...

daforum
03-13-2013, 03:35 PM
...oscillator? It begins with O...

jeric_synergy
03-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Well, it's all math at the bottom, innit? :)

If one's math chops were good, mathmotion can do elaborate waves by superimposing functions on top of one another. The important thing is that the displacement pi and the motion pi use the same math, so items 'floating' on them are well locked.

sami
03-13-2013, 03:55 PM
...oscillator? It begins with O...

Nope - I had those Newtek plugins which I bought as an addon pack that included Oscillator and Cyclist and Follower back when Newtek sold those separately - maybe I'm remembering wrong... maybe it was a japanese plugin? I have no idea since none of these ring a bell. Maybe I'll dig into my backups and see if I can find an old scene that used it, and even if I don't have the plugin any more, the scene file should tell me what it is... I'll post here if I find it.

chikega
03-13-2013, 04:46 PM
BC_ContactPoint?

Marcia
03-13-2013, 04:49 PM
OGO_Hikari/OGO_Wave?

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~pq1a-ogs/download_e.html