PDA

View Full Version : INside Lightwave 7-Won't save object

Fistandantilus
11-06-2003, 01:15 PM
I'm only on Chapter 2 of Dan Ablans Inside lightwave 7,real world taking up alot if time,I just did a marble surface and in the book it constantly says to "Save All Objects".Well everytime I try to save all objects it says this
"Can't save object "D:\Projects\Objects\Chapter2\Marbleboard.lwo"Why is it doing this is it because it is trying to save it in the CD directory?

Fistandantilus
11-06-2003, 01:34 PM
Well I figured it out.Guess this poost was a waste I just messed around with it till I got it.Needless to say I had to copy the Matbleboard.lwo on my harddrive rather than working off the cd.After I put it in my own folder"My Work" it saves perfectly fine.Im not sure if he stated to do this in the book but I guess im gonna copy all the chapter file into my own folder so this doesn't happen again.

Fistandantilus
11-06-2003, 01:40 PM
Well I figured it out.Guess this poost was a waste I just messed around with it till I got it.Needless to say I had to copy the Matbleboard.lwo on my harddrive rather than working off the cd.After I put it in my own folder"My Work" it saves perfectly fine.Im not sure if he stated to do this in the book but I guess im gonna copy all the chapter file into my own folder so this doesn't happen again.

Fistandantilus
11-06-2003, 02:54 PM
I accidently double posted because I had an error.Now it says I can't access this page when I try to delete the second post.Sorry everyone fo r the double post hopefully a mod will delete it for me since I can't.