PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Reef Kickstarter - 72 hours left!

ConjureBunny
03-12-2013, 11:10 AM
About 72 hours left and I'm really not sure how this is going to work out. But if nothing else, it's an interesting way to show off the game.

The Dark Reef is a sci-fi underwater adventure game set in 2048. I'm releasing a new episode roughly once a week, for a year. Each episode advances the story a little farther. You're the pilot of a high speed submersible, tasked with finding out what happened to repair crews working at a military outpost on the ocean floor.

All models are done by me in LightWave, and all music, audio, and programming were done by me in Unity. Take a look, and let me know what you think!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/271496445/the-dark-reef

-Chilton

Note: regardless of how the Kickstarter campaign goes, I will finish the game. It's something I gotta do, and I started the Kickstarter campaign after I'd already started on the game. But this would definitely make it easier to get it of the ground. I've released episodes 1-3, and 4 and 5 will be released in the next few days, after I finish giving the whole thing a steampunk makeover, and after I've wrapped a few clients' projects.

VonBon
03-13-2013, 10:27 PM
Descent?

ConjureBunny
03-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Descent?

Each episode has aspects of different games in it. The first ep is more of a free form game with an element of missile command (but in 3D).

The second borrows heavily on Apache Strike, which was an old game I used to play all the time on my black and white Mac.

The third episode is based on another old game, but I can't remember the details. The entire level starts off dark, and becomes lighter the more you accomplish.

The fourth episode is something entirely different, where you'll set and use traps more than weapons.

The fifth episode is much closer to Descent.

Starting in Chapter 2, it turns into an FPS for about five episodes. :)

-Chilton