PDA

View Full Version : Building Collapse

Bill Nelson
11-06-2003, 01:05 PM
Forum: I am an immigrant from Strata-Land, looking for additional functionality from my 3-D app. A trusting client is asking me to construct a 3-story concrete/re-bar framed office building that we can collapse at a number of points to create realistic collapse scenarios, replete w/furniture, etc. My faithful Strata threaders said 'Sure, you can do that w/Strata. Just create parts that are individual pieces and animate each piece of the building as it would fall. Have fun'. Yikes! Does this sound like something that Lightwave is up for? That is, do collision detection and gravity functions exist at a level to execute this assignment?

Thanks in advance!

mlinde
11-06-2003, 01:55 PM
The current version of Lightwave has collision detection and gravity features, but you should probably look into some of the Dynamic Realities plug-ins for better control. Impact comes to mind...

drclare
11-06-2003, 02:42 PM
Lightwave is definitely capable of this, you can do anything if you work hard enough at it. The motion designer plugin that comes with Lightwave is up to this task, but can be VERY difficult to get to work right. It would take a lot of tweaking, but there are a number of people on this forum that really know how to handle motion designer and could give you a lot of tips. Good luck.