PDA

View Full Version : Layout OR modeler... annoying!!!

Fernee
03-11-2013, 01:30 PM
This is very annoying, and Im sure theres a simple solution or something Im missing, If I have Layout open, I cant open Modeler, not by clicking on the upper right switch, or the F12 key, or even on the desktop icon!! have to close Layout, then open modeler... anyone knows what{s happening?
Thanks!

shrox
03-11-2013, 01:41 PM
I can have both open, although changes in modeler affect the model in layout, if the same model is open in both. I often have something rendering while working on a model not in the scene.

nickdigital
03-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Sounds like your Hub is acting screwy. Can you launch either by right+clicking on the Hub and launching from here? Do you have a firewall blocking communication?

Fernee
03-18-2013, 09:26 PM
Firewall blocking? well, I have norton 360 installed, Ill check it out... and no, the right+click on the hub doesnt work....

Sensei
03-18-2013, 10:25 PM
I never run Modeler from Layout, or reverse.
This way information about redirection of config folder doesn't go with newly started app.

In Start menu I have made short-cuts for Layout and Modeler, and pressing them, one by one or the one needed.

Fernee
04-01-2013, 05:57 PM
The problem persists!! don't know what to do... it's slowing the pipeline a lot, I have to completely close Layout to open Modeler, or viceversa... maybe I'll have to reinstall...

LW_Will
04-01-2013, 07:04 PM
First, burn Norton 360. If you turn on the Visa firewall and use Windows Defender, you should be okay.

Second... have you EVER been able to have Layout and Modeler working together? You should get them both to run by opening them from their program icons first. Then they might work.

(sorry if this is too basic... but if you've never had them working together...)

You know, I've NEVER had a problem with the Hub. I've always used it, never tried to turn it off.

But, really... uninstall Norton 360... there is a stand alone uninstaller on the Norton website. That'll take care of it.

BokadCastle
04-01-2013, 07:12 PM
The usual advice is to delete the config files.
Reopening LWM & LWL creates new ones.

JoePoe
04-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Also.... check to see if you're running 32bit of one and 64 of the other.

djwaterman
04-01-2013, 10:16 PM
I too have always opened M and LO separately (Desktop icons), I never click the "go to" button in either application, I treat them as separate. I ignore the Hub, I don't go there and know nothing about it, but I never have problems with Modeler and Layout working together if I just run them as separate entities.