PDA

View Full Version : Inside Lightwave 7 - Make Poly Problem

RGSerge
11-06-2003, 12:01 PM
Hi,

I have got the Inside Lightwave 7 book, now before I go into the problem, I am using the eval version of Lightwave 7 that comes with the book, NOT the full version (so that may have something to do with the problem).

However, onto the problem I am encountering.

Chapter 8, Architectural Environments, the task is to create a 21st century sky scraper.

It tells you to create four flat disks, then another 4 larger ones. You then select and delete the polygons (leaving only the points).

You then select points (the inner edge of 4 disks and the outer edge of the other 4).

See the first attachment for a screen grab.

With these polygons selected, it tells you to click the "Make Pol" button under Elements of the Create tab.

This should make a polygon that matches the points (imagine joiing the dots and filling it in). But does my Lightwave do this?

NOOOOOOOO

It makes a mess (see screenshot 2).

Am I missing something?
Is it because I am using the evaluation version?
Or should I consider something other than 3D for my career :D

Can anyone point me in the right direction for this.

* Just noticed that you guys use vbulletin 2 series so one attachment per post, so I will attach screen grap 1 to this post and reply adding screen grab 2 to that post.

RGSerge
11-06-2003, 12:02 PM
I have attached the second screen grab (the bugger up)

mrunion
11-06-2003, 12:17 PM
Are you selecting all the points in a counter-clockwise order? I'll bet that the points are not selected in "order".

Just a guess.

RGSerge
11-06-2003, 12:18 PM
I feel stupid now :D

Yeah, your bang on (bows head in shame)

mrunion
11-06-2003, 02:47 PM
Not a problem!

Keep on "Wavin'"! :D