PDA

View Full Version : Shift Camera

SaT
03-10-2013, 01:03 PM
When I open an older scene (Lightwave 11.0.2) in version 11.5 which uses the shift camera, the final render of 11.5 does not match the render/shift cam generated by 11.0.2.
Actually you probably won't notice the difference but when you overlay the two images in an image editor, you can see it clearly.
This is really a problem when you need to match an old perspective. Does anyone else experience this behavior?
Is there a way to correct this?

nickdigital
03-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Maybe this is a bug? If you can submit content to NewTek and open a bug report that would be good.

jameswillmott
03-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Yeah, you'll need to post a scene. There was a bug in the way the shift camera handled Bank rotation that might have affected the output somewhat, but without the scene we can't tell.

Sanchon
03-11-2013, 05:58 AM
I have a scene that uses shift camera and OGL view doesn't match final render - top part of the render is cutting off.

SaT
03-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Ok, I have reported it as a possible bug. Thanks.

lertola2
03-12-2013, 07:00 PM
I put in a bug report on this a while ago also:

https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.asp?56637_pchkraqmj5sus84a

hokolo
03-13-2013, 04:16 AM
I have the same problem (Win 7). Opening scenes, created with LW 11.2 , seem to be identical in the camera view window of LW 11.5, but the rendered result is totally different: On the top, there is a little bit more to bee seen, but at the bottom, there is cut off a much greater part (about 3 times). Compared in photoshop, the new LW11.5-image is stretched vertically and shifted a little bit downwards.

Creating a simple scene from scratch in LW 11.5, shows the same effect: make a simple box with modeler tools (a box 1m x 1m x 3m high), move shift with angle downwards 20 degrees for example near to the box, so that the box fills the screen, and render: the result is the same as with imported old scenes.

I hope there will be soon a workaround or a bugfix, because I'm working often with 11.2 (or older) scenes (I create technical illustrations, and often use the shift cam). It is no fun to work one day with LW 11.5, next day I have to use LW 11.2 and receive the "HUB is not running error" (fortunately I found the workaround in this forum with deleting all the HUB-files in the C:\temp directory)

Taran-Q
04-19-2013, 10:00 AM
There surely is a bug, I have parented my objects to a scene NULL (in all my scenes) so I can rotate complete scene (instead of rotating sun position :) )
However since switching from LW 10 to LW11.5 all my parented objects are not rendered and I only see my ground plane when using Shift Camera and only when Use Cam Pitch is checked (which is the reason I use the Shift Camera)

jameswillmott
04-19-2013, 04:51 PM
There surely is a bug, I have parented my objects to a scene NULL (in all my scenes) so I can rotate complete scene (instead of rotating sun position :) )
However since switching from LW 10 to LW11.5 all my parented objects are not rendered and I only see my ground plane when using Shift Camera and only when Use Cam Pitch is checked (which is the reason I use the Shift Camera)

Please report this via Fogbugz thanks!

https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.asp

Taran-Q
04-22-2013, 01:39 AM
Please report this via Fogbugz thanks!

https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.asp

reported it but found out it only happens with scenes coming from LW10. Newly set up or replacing NULL with new NULL and parenting again solves it :)