PDA

View Full Version : VT2. audio setup new upgrade

ChrisH
03-04-2003, 04:49 AM
How can you specify which drive you want to handle your audio,
It seems VT2 uses all of my drives for audio, or renders the audio track on the same track as my RTV clip.

Since the lastest upgrade, my performance has decreased on my projects in TED, when the play back hits a big audio mix. All previous updates ran fine. ( I can render it out ofcorse) but Im wondering if it may be a bug or sumthing. My TED prj consists of about 12 audio clips splices in different parts in time, most of the sequence is about 6-7 audio clips.
But when it hits the big audio section it chunks and skips a beat on playback & stutters. (older updates ran fine)

If I can relocate my audio files to a dedicated audio drive then reload the footage (from newly made audio drive) I'd be awsome.

or just tell ted to take all my audio from this one drive..

Any ideas or solutions welcome.. maybe its a bug hehe

ChrisH

Paul Lara
03-04-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by ChrisH
If I can relocate my audio files to a dedicated audio drive then reload the footage (from newly made audio drive) I'd be awsome.

Chris,

For audio-only files (not associated with a video clip) you can certainly move them to a different drive, and then just hold down the Alt key, to drag them on top of themselves and inherit their proper settings.

ChrisH
03-04-2003, 01:56 PM
So if I make a copy of my audio folder where my sound clips are, move it to another drive. Fire up VT2/Ted.
Take the new audio drive clips and drop them over the old ones?
with the alt key?> Not shure Im understanding how this works.?

Chris

SBowie
03-04-2003, 02:12 PM
That's pretty much it, Chris. The Alt-drag'n'drop' thing is the "Inherit" keystroke combination in ToasterEdit. Quite handy. Unfortunately, you'll have to do it for every audio file in the project.

ChrisH
03-04-2003, 02:24 PM
OKay kewl I'll give it a whirl

Thanks

Chris