PDA

View Full Version : From bad to worse ...

spardacus
11-06-2003, 11:35 AM
I'm suspect I already know the answers I'll get, however, here we go.

I just an error opening a scene I have built over the last week and half ... "No Layers Present". Then the load stalls with the spinning wheel at 45% load when I get "Objects can't be Parented to themselves."

With your help, I have successfully used this scene much this last week - reducing my rendering times by learning about segments, ray recursion, etc. All was just GRAND! Now ... I'm locked out in the cold.

Any outside chance there is something I can do to salvage this scene before rebuilding?

Thanks

:(

Chazz
11-06-2003, 11:43 AM
Did you delete a layer from your object file?

spardacus
11-06-2003, 01:50 PM
I may have combined some layers in one of my objects ... I can't recall.

Am I now going to be unable to use this scene file if that is the case?

:confused:

mlinde
11-06-2003, 01:58 PM
Well, if you are feeling bold, make a copy of the scene, and edit it in a text editor, to remove the objects you are having trouble with. Don't do this with the original scene. I can't guarantee it will work.

Chazz
11-06-2003, 02:08 PM
It sounds like one layer may be parented to another that is no longer part of the object...usually when this happens, a null is created and you can delete it. Perhaps you can edit the scene file and remove the object.

spardacus
11-06-2003, 02:23 PM
AWE MAN YOUR GOOD!!!!!

PRAISE THE GODS AND KISS THE DOG!!!!!!!! Easy Shelby

IT WORKED!!!!

I actually deleted lines of code which I guess were the complete sets for the "offending" objects. And now, you ask ??? And now I have a scene wonderfully opened before me granting me passage like the welcoming Red Sea ... now I will hold my breath and quickly advance to save about 27 backups .... you know ... just in case the waves come crashing!!!!!

THANK YOU ... THANK YOU MOST BENEVOLENT VOICE OF THE FORUM !!!