PDA

View Full Version : MDD's not influencing bullet dynamics?

Sarford
03-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Hi there,

I'm working on some dynamics for a big project, and I must say, it is really easy and fun to work with Bullet.
I do have a question though.
The simulation I'm doing is of a weapon rack with spears which gets thrown towards the camera. All is fine except for one spear, which behaves slightly odd.
My line of thinking was, I save out the simulation as MDD's, than reload it for everything except the strange spear, set every thing to kinematic (except the spear) and run the simulation again.

It seems though that the simulation doesn't take the MDD motions into account as my spear stays put and the MDD-animated geometry goes right through it. Switching the state to static doesn't help either. Dynamics is on and the state is on always active. Is this a limitation of the Lightwave implementation or am I doing something wrong?

jrandom
03-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Did you add the MDD-controlled object to Bullet as a Deforming collision object? If I remember correctly, Kinematic is just for non-deforming moving object. (MDDs deform the original mesh, as opposed to "moving" the object as a whole.)

Sarford
03-12-2013, 03:46 AM
Good thinking jrandom! I'll try that.

Cheers!

Netvudu
03-12-2013, 05:40 AM
This must be the fifth or sixth time this question arises on this forums. Either people arenīt reading the manual at all (my bet) or the addendum isnīt clear about this point.