PDA

View Full Version : FPrime problem

ige
03-09-2013, 10:16 AM
I have installed FPrime 3,51_64. My problem is that when I restart my pc, the plugin has gone and I have to add it again. I have tried to reinstall LW11.5 after deleting
all files in C: Users and Program files. Can somebody help me with this frustrating problem?

dwburman
03-09-2013, 10:52 AM
Is it just happening with FPrime or is it other plugins as well. If you change some other preferences or even just the window size, do those changes stick after you quit LightWave (and the hub) and restart? Is LightWave crashing when you quit?

It sounds like your config files are not saving. You could try setting LightWave to run in Administrator mode, I think that tends to fix most problems with file permissions.

ige
03-09-2013, 10:59 AM
I sent a mail to Worley and they said:" It's probably due to the "LW.cfg" file being write protected. When LW tries to update it to write the new plugin information, it can't overwrite it and therefore the plugin isn't remembered.

Easiest solution is to find the LW.cfg and make sure its "read-only" flag is turned OFF. You can also just delete it and have LW rebuild it, but you may lose other settings and default directories if you do that.
But how do I do this? I uninstalled LW complete and reinstalled it,

ige
03-11-2013, 05:02 PM
I installed LW11.0 first and then LW11,5. Now it is working.