PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Viper Preview

Richard Hebert
03-09-2013, 03:48 AM
I downloaded and installed 11.5 but I'm not getting stereoscopic, d.o.f., or motion blur previews in Viper. Is there something to tick in order to see these effects?

Thanks guys and gals,

Richard

lardbros
03-09-2013, 05:26 AM
There is a button on the viewport bar for VPR options... Draft mode has to be disabled in order to see those effects :D

I've grabbed an image so you can find it easily... 112341

Oh, and I'm sure you're aware, but Viper isn't the same as VPR. Viper (is the old style preview system, and doesn't work at the same time as VPR, it can be unstable) and won't show these effects... whereas VPR will.

prometheus
03-09-2013, 06:29 AM
as mentioned, viper is the "Old preview system" and VPR a more full fledged previewer though only working in viewports, but more true to native render.

viper still has itīs advantages and uses over VPR, such as itīs own preview window not interfering with viewport spaces, and customized preview sizes..and last but most important, direct
replay of hypervoxels animation from a still viewpoint that is, VPR needīs some hazzle to set up animation and codecs before you replay it.

Michael

Richard Hebert
03-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Sorry about that, I meant VPR. It's working now but it seems to have stretching around the edges when using the Real Lens Camera. Works fine with the perspective camera. I can definitely live with it though.

lardbros
03-09-2013, 12:28 PM
The stretching is because you probably have a background image/imageworld setup I'd imagine.

If you press 'l' (Lowercase L) it will turn on Limited Region render, and will cut the edges off and look fine! :D

Richard Hebert
03-09-2013, 01:02 PM
OK, I see now. The area of distortion falls outside of the cameras render area. Thanks for the tips guys. Looks like I'll be learning all over again!