PDA

View Full Version : No GoZ

unstable
03-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Hi all,
I have zBrush 4R5 installed on my Windows system and of course Lightwave 11.5 Modler and Layout. However, in Modler with a simple subdivided box I click the GoZ button and nothing happens. I decided to try it from layout and I receive a prompt that states GoZ Not Found. Zbrush does not appear to be installed on this system. Why would this be? Both lightwave and zbrush were installed to their default paths. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

chikega
03-08-2013, 08:25 PM
I had some troubles too. But I finally got it to work because of some missing files. See thread here:

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?133843-GoZ-Lightwave-11-5-not-working

unstable
03-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Thanks that got me going back and forth between apps. Now I just have to figure out why the modeling changes aren't being retained between Modeler, ZBrush and Layout. Thanks again.

chikega
03-09-2013, 11:53 AM
No problem. I don't think there is a 3-way communication between all three (Modeler, Zbrush and Layout), if that's what you mean. Zbrush can only communicate with either Modeler or Layout, but not both at the same time. The way I work is to do the modeling with Modeler and Zbrush. Then once I'm done, I save. Then load the object into Layout and work on the texturing.

OnlineRender
03-09-2013, 11:58 AM
hmm if you run hub it can , But it sends to modeler then send to layout

unstable
03-09-2013, 12:33 PM
No, I'm moving between either ZBrush and Modeler or ZBrush and Layout. It doesn't matter which one I go between I'm not getting the changes to keep. For example, I make basic subD head (no eyes, mouth or nose) in Modeler. Send that to ZBrush and all is good. I add a nose in ZBrush and send it back to Modeler. No nose. I go to Additional Plugins and click on GoZUpdate and nothing happens. I just have the original model in modler.

So I went back to ZBrush where the nose still remained and elected to send it to Layout. In layout it appeared without the nose. Maybe I'm missing a step, but I don't know what step it is I'm missing.

OnlineRender
03-09-2013, 04:18 PM
it should send the base mesh back to modeler with the relative changes , it might not be noticeable ... remember it will try and keep the base mesh optimized because you would use normal mapping ... make sure you have Uvs ,goto normal and hit export , then hit goz inside Zbrush it should sync everything

OnlineRender
03-09-2013, 04:20 PM
http://lightwiki.com/tutorials/interchange/item/374-lightwave-115-zbrush-to-lightwave

http://lightwiki.com/tutorials/interchange/item/380-lightwave-115-goz-interchange#.UTvDrRxQhBk

chikega
03-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the vids OnlineRender. I had seen the GoZ video by Lino, but not the one by Angel. That helped round out the GoZ knowledge a bit more.

unstable
03-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Thanks folks, your information got me back on track. The videos helped a lot. Thank God for the Internet and all the nice folks on this forum.

chikega
03-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Good deal ... glad you're back on track.

OnlineRender
03-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Thanks folks, your information got me back on track. The videos helped a lot. Thank God for the Internet and all the nice folks on this forum.

no worries glad you resolved the issue...