PDA

View Full Version : Poser Pro 2012 Sale

wesleycorgi
03-07-2013, 03:06 PM
For those of you who didn't take advantage of the LW 11/Poser Pro promo, I got this via e-mail today: http://mysmithmicro.com/marcom/eblasts/poser/20130307/index-web.html

prometheus
03-09-2013, 02:47 AM
Iīll wait, for lw.12 when they bundled it with next poser, or instead bundle turbulenceFD, or lwCAD, or Kray, or octane plugin, or vue version:)
I got nothing bundled when buying in to hardcore, not even a tshirt, I could live without that one though.

Or simply expand on free updates in to lw 12. version for those not satisfied with ol hardcore purchase instead of reclaiming money back, but I wonīt go there ..since they worked
so hard and great with the LW11.5 version, but still ..I once and awhile feel a little cheated on something.
Just saying that attention to ol hardcore members and bundling some extras would have been decent.

Michael

kosmodave
03-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Or simply expand on free updates in to lw 12. version for those not satisfied with ol hardcore purchase instead of reclaiming money back, but I wonīt go there ..since they worked
so hard and great with the LW11.5 version, but still ..I once and awhile feel a little cheated on something.
Just saying that attention to ol hardcore members and bundling some extras would have been decent.

Michael

Yep,
Still feel sick about whole CORE thing, even worse now as I have no money so stuck with LW10.1 which to be honest is no compensation for what should have been and didn't offer much over 9.6 which I already have.
Glad LW11.5 is good for everyone who has it but I looking at finances now I think I have been pushed off the Lightwave Train and will have to catch the Blender one instead. Even worse thinking about it, I missed out on the Vue bundle when I purchased LW9 as well :ohmy:

Dave

fablefox
03-09-2013, 10:35 AM
No offence for Poser, but with Daz 3D being free, with 3Delight renderer, I don't know if they can sell it at their price point. I do understand that Daz 3D make their money via the asset store, and providing DAZ 3D for free is a good idea. But when their Genesis idea is winning awards, then Poser doesn't have much bite anymore.

hrgiger
03-09-2013, 03:12 PM
No offence for Poser, but with Daz 3D being free, with 3Delight renderer, I don't know if they can sell it at their price point. I do understand that Daz 3D make their money via the asset store, and providing DAZ 3D for free is a good idea. But when their Genesis idea is winning awards, then Poser doesn't have much bite anymore.

But there's no plug-in to get daz content/animation into LW is there?

prometheus
03-09-2013, 03:18 PM

nope, just fbx and obj export, genesis fbx export seems to work fine mostly, other daz content people seem to have issues with.

But I think I would prefer being able to controll fbx animation withing lightwave than just using it as a host for poser files without option to edit.
but Im not that aware of what else the poser fusion plugin offers.
otherwise I would prefer daz Ui over poser, poser had such a huge content that of course would be attractive, with daz you donīt have that much for free, except for gathering from
renderosity for example.a

I love genesis figure editing and that I believe is only in itīs birth.

all this fancy stuff in daz and in poser set aside, Free make human does actually generate more true to life look(with nice asymetry) in the figures than the others, but is lackin UI and texture options, skeletons and posing and good export except obj files etc.

Michael

fablefox
03-09-2013, 08:08 PM

You are right about the plug-in, but I'm talking about the bigger picture. This is about Poser 2012, not Poser 2012+LW bundle.

GCL
03-23-2013, 03:59 PM
Extended to March 31, 2013.

jwiede
03-23-2013, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I expect Pro 2012 will be my last Poser upgrade. There just isn't much point anymore, Daz3D surpassed Poser some time ago (even PoserPro) in terms of capability and flexibility. The only reason I upgraded to Poser Pro 2012 was for the updated interchange plugins, and honestly, I don't think they're doing that great a job of maintaining and updating those plugins. I get much more use out of Kuroyume's InterPoserPro (http://www.kuroyumes-developmentzone.com/interposer-pro/) (C4D) than from the PoserPro plugin these days.

COBRASoft
03-23-2013, 08:59 PM
DAZ3D fails to install on my Win8 x64 :( Any1 an idea?

Also, I'm in desperate need of an easy 'walk' designer like poser has (don't own Poser). To make people walk within my LW...

manholoz
03-24-2013, 05:58 PM
This might be my personal preference, but I have never been able to work with Daz Studio. Either it does not work each time I give it a try (as in it simply will not run), or I need a special plugin on $sale$$ for what I need to do, or it is just plain unintuitive the way it works. For me.

This does not happen to me with Poser. Sure, it has its limitation, but you can hack it to death with it's ascii encoded files, and it is wired to work in a way I find intuitive.

Anyway, for the serious stuff we have Lightwave, right? Poser or Daz is just a tool for Lightwave users.

My 2 cents.

Markc
03-25-2013, 12:44 PM
I too got the email with the offer.
I am always a bit dubious about links in emails though (would prefer a discount code to manually enter on the site).
Has anyone taken up these offers from 'Smith Micro' email blasts?
As the old saying goes 'if it's too good to be true, it usually is', the price is fantastic, which is what makes me suspicious (but then I am paranoid).

manholoz
03-25-2013, 04:01 PM
I have taken on smithmicro's offers without problems before. Cannot say this time, as I already have Pro 2012 though...

GCL
03-28-2013, 08:55 AM
Mailed them a personal check around 3/20/13 and received email with link to Poser Pro 2012. Downloaded them all and also archived on DVDs. Not yet install but real soon (maybe today). Only problem I faced getting my account to stick when adding the updates files. That is, I was using the S/N of the plugin instead of using the PoserPro 2012 S/N. Been using Poser since 3 and may be my last upgrade. As stated before, I prefer Poser over Daz Studio.

OnlineRender
03-28-2013, 12:43 PM
stupid question ,I have not used posers since waaaaay back "I think I got it free actually,along with Bryce" what's the latest version like?

manholoz
03-28-2013, 01:26 PM
For starters, the gui is now Qt-based, with all the goodness that entails.
Then, it has evolved from the hard-hat fair figures. Even when it has a hair/fur tool, most figures use transmapped hair. Mind you, they include those ancient figures too, but I'd only use those for background archviz props.
It has weight mapped rigging, the poser files are still hackable being text files, pro 2012 comes in 32 and 64 bit flavours.
You have network rendering in pro, then you have background rendering, indirect lighting, you can render to channel layers, hdr and image gamma support.
Ambient occlusion, subsurface scattering, raytraced reflections (but not true raytraced refractions).
There is a utility to import a sound file with voices, that combined with a text file of the speech, that can make your figures sort of talk for some supported figures. Results vary.
Still some oddities as no animation loops, but you do have animation layers.
Basic cloth dynamics, not up to par to clo3d.
Python 2.7 scripting support.

I think that about covers most hero features vs ancient releases.

JamesCurtis
04-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the head up!

Purchased Poser Pro 2012 from the link last night, installed it, and tried it out! Everything seems to be working fine so far! Good deal! The last version I had was Poser 7, so this is a big step ahead for me.