PDA

View Full Version : Colour Space prefs not saving

Sean Martin
03-07-2013, 08:41 AM
On the Mac, I've change my colour space to RGB both in Modler and Layout and quit.
When I reopen lightwave its reverted back to linear! I'm sure it never did this with 11.0.
Basically 11.5 won't remember the CS settings on quit, any body else found this or is it just me?

jrandom
03-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Yikes! I'll test this out when I get home, since I finally figured out how to work with CS settings correctly.

Spinland
03-07-2013, 11:45 AM
It (11.5) remembers the CS settings on both of my Macs. Have you checked your configs to see whether they're getting updated after you close the apps? Just checking the time stamp should suffice.

Sean Martin
03-07-2013, 01:33 PM
errrr 'time stamp' is that something I should buy at my local post office?

ok I just tried my home copy of LW11.5 and its retains the cs settings.
Its my work copy that seems to be having problems?

Spinland
03-07-2013, 01:50 PM
When you open Finder and show the config files, there is shown a date and time each file was last modified. If you close Layout, Modeler and Hub each config file gets written to with the latest configuration info and those files should then show they were just modified. If they don't, then something is preventing the settings from being saved. If they do, then the problem is elsewhere.

Just a quick early troubleshooting step.

jrandom
03-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Color Space settings are retained on my system just fine -- 11.5 on Mac OS X Mountain Lion.

Sean Martin
03-08-2013, 08:44 AM
looks like my lw 11.5 prefs are updating, but CS will still not stay as selected. Home copy is fine, I'm about to do a re-install to see if it will fix it.