PDA

View Full Version : Can an object with mdd emit particles?

vector
03-07-2013, 07:33 AM
Is it possible that an object that has a mdd loaded can emit particles? I canīt get it

prometheus
03-09-2013, 08:07 AM
Is it possible that an object that has a mdd loaded can emit particles? I canīt get it

should work, not sure exactly what mdd type your using, cloth fx, or from bullet?

if you were to use old cloth fx and use wind on a flag, then save out mdd motion, clear the wind and motion,load it in with mdd reader..then you have the motion
and particles will just show up in that area, to get it following the mdd motion you should use the calculate button in fx tab.

Michael

vector
03-09-2013, 09:14 AM
It's a character imported from Maya via FBX. I'm not at work at weekend so I can't try but not sure if it's important applying the fx after o before loading mdd... may be?

lino.grandi
03-11-2013, 05:59 AM
As prometheus said, using the Calculate button it's very important in this case. ;)

vector
03-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Thanks, Lino. I thought I did it (this issue and not saving pfx when netrendering are tattoing in my skin :) but I always could miss it), but not sure. I'll try :)

vector
03-14-2013, 10:44 PM
Thanks, Lino. I thought I did it (this issue and not saving pfx when netrendering are tattoing in my skin :) but I always could miss it), but not sure. I'll try :)

vector
04-09-2013, 10:32 PM
It works, of course... at beginning I saw two characters and that was getting me confussed