http://www.jawset.com/try/

CHANGELOG
---------

v1.0 Revision 1109 (2013-03-06)

- new interactive simulation mode
- added Solver/Pressure Iteration Limit parameter
- using 1st order advection with cubic interpolation per default
- Simulate-while-rendering is not storing cache to disk anymore
- GPU simulation runs in parallel to rendering when using simulate-while-rendering
- fundamental optimization of emitter/collision object handling
- upgraded to CUDA 5.0
- fail gracefully if sim aborts with unexpected error
- disabled histogram in curve editor by default
- added version name to installation directory
- option to disable adaptive container (e.g. for benchmarking)
- improved multi-GPU handling for sim/preview
- several performance improvements
- C4D: print log file path to C4D console for simple reference
- C4D: added alternative cache path for mixed platform networks
- fixed: mixing closed and wind boundaries didn't work properly
- fixed: simulation processed one frame beyond range in some cases
- fixed: bias issue with turbulence
- fixed: curve editor did not update histogram until moving the timeline
- fixed: animating time scale lead to hanging simulation in some cases
- fixed: upresing didn't work if container was maximized
- fixed: potential hanging if cache has large off-sequence frame numbers
- fixed: particle voxelization was off by one frame in some situations
- fixed: curve editor x/y spinboxes had a low maximum value
- fixed: up-res used incorrect noise scaling
- fixed: subgrid noise intensity scale was dependent on voxel size
- C4D: fixed: velocity determination of TP geometry used as collision objects didn't work
- C4D: fixed: removing cache did not work correctly
- C4D: fixed: crash when using render preview on empty container
- C4D: fixed: crash when starting a sim after viewport preview was active in a non-standard GUI layout
- C4D: fixed: crash when using Reset All on any container parameter
- C4D: fixed: crash on exit on some Mac systems
- C4D: fixed: subgrid noise smallest/largest unit scale was incorrect
- C4D: fixed: some deformers and generators didn't work as emitters correctly
- C4D: fixed: cache selection didn't work properly if empty folders existed in base path
- LW: fixed: MacOS: crash on exit

Michael

Phil
03-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Hmm. I only see 1009 on the download page, for Mac. 1112 for Windows.

prometheus
03-06-2013, 09:41 PM
Hmm. I only see 1009 on the download page, for Mac. 1112 for Windows.

Oh..that mac thingy:)

yes I see, maybe it will be up soon and he isnīt finnished yet with it, or he simply forgot to put it up, you could mail and ask of course.

Michael

OlaHaldor
03-07-2013, 12:56 AM
I just upgraded to Windows 8. Don't know if it's specific for Windows 8 or not, but I can't see nothing. When I switch to Textured mode in order to see the sim, the screen is all white.

Greenlaw
03-07-2013, 03:47 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to need this in a few days. :)

G.

Netvudu
03-07-2013, 04:35 AM
I see a new release today (1112) but no changes on the log. Thus,we canīt know what changes were done for this update.

prometheus
03-07-2013, 04:42 AM
I see a new release today (1112) but no changes on the log. Thus,we canīt know what changes were done for this update.

Hmm.not sure if he has mixed up the version numbers here, in the read me files the v1.0 rev 1109 says the date of 2013-03-06 and the following change log within that should be what matters.
Maybe he simple missed changing that version number and the correct one should be the other one?
I thought those version numbers where the other way around yesterday for mac and windows.

Michael

Phil
03-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Jascha's apparently working on resolving a few issues with the build. Not sure if that's purely for Mac, though.

rcallicotte
03-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the info!

OlaHaldor
03-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Here's the problem I mentioned. http://youtu.be/d9JdqTuNipI
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, GTX680 4GB with latest driver installed.

I found that the issue is when I use the single, big viewport. If I split the screen into two or more, it draws as usual. But it's not the way I usually work.

I tried some more.. Looks like it's because of the width of the Layout window. I'm on a 27" monitor which is 2560x1440. If I run full width the screen goes white. If I narrow the width about 300-400px, the viewport is drawn as usual.

OlaHaldor
06-02-2014, 05:26 AM
Old thread, but.. Anyone know if, and how, to activate "interactive mode" in LightWave? Would help a whole lot to see in realtime what the different settings actually do.

prometheus
06-02-2014, 06:42 AM
Donīt know, but isnīt there a check button for it somewhere, just browse through all tabs, maybe sim tab..or check the manual or post a thread in the jawset forums.
I suppose you need to have a proper GPU cuda card for it to work too.

I myself havenīt installed the latest versions since they only work with the latest cuda drivers, and the same goes for the interactive mode, I will do that later

Greenlaw
06-02-2014, 09:17 AM
Are you talking about the Full Scene Parameter Evaluation thingie? It's in Preferences under the General Tab. Normally, you want it off because it will slow down LightWave. If not, I'm not sure what you mean.

Another option that can make LightWave more 'interactive' is Studio Live. I've been using this feature to be able to work interactively with non-linear morphs using Cycler in the Graph Editor. Studio Live makes certain features more interactive in LightWave it may also dramatically slow down other things (watch what happens to VPR.) Most of the time, you'll want to leave it off.

G.

OlaHaldor
06-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Um.. I'm not sure I can find that "Full Scene Parameter Evaluation" thingie either though. Checked Rendering > General. Nothing like it. In fact. Nothing like that at all in any tab.

Greenlaw
06-02-2014, 11:50 AM
It's under Preference > General, called FSPE (press 'o' to open this panel and look in the section second from bottom.) I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but it should be there.

OlaHaldor
06-02-2014, 01:00 PM
I must be blind?

HA! My mistake. I didn't get the whole message on email notification. Will check it out.

Hmm... I'm not sure that does what I'm talking about. See this video.

http://vimeo.com/68429873

Greenlaw
06-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Yeah, I wasn't sure if that's what you meant. I'll check out the video. :)

G.

Greenlaw
06-02-2014, 04:50 PM
Oops! I totally misunderstood what you were asking about...sorry for the mislead. :)

G.

Greenlaw
06-02-2014, 05:02 PM
Thanks for pointing out the video--I wasn't aware of 'Interactive' mode. I might be mistaken but I don't think that's available in the current LightWave version.

G.

gordonrobb
06-02-2014, 05:09 PM
So how do I get TFD to behave like in that video? That is incredible.

OlaHaldor
06-08-2014, 01:10 AM
I didn't know either, Greenlaw. Until I read the opening post. It clearly states "interactive mode" in the changelist. So I started digging.. :)

Greenlaw
06-08-2014, 01:35 AM
Okay thanks. Will keep an eye on this thread in case somebody figures this one out. Interactive mode does look really cool, so if it isn't already in the Lightwave version, I hope this means it's coming soon. :)

G.

gordonrobb
06-08-2014, 01:50 AM
So is it listed in a change list for LW version?