PDA

View Full Version : auto-key creating fractional keyframes?

Polymangler
11-06-2003, 10:15 AM
Okay for some reason Lightwave has just started doing this.

I usually work with auto-kay on and "modifyed channels" option checked, which works great for me. but since yesterday, and i haven't installed or updated anything on lightwave since yesterday, anyway since then when i go to a keyframe already created and edit it (i.e. moving on xyz) lightwave will create a fracitonal keyframe 1/2 a frame behind the one i'm editing.

I don't have fractional frames on and i don't know of any options that could have caused this to happen....
edit::
2 things that might be relevent. FX_Motion is on all these objects and i'm using scene editor to select them

any suggestions?

Cheers,

bruce

ursa
11-06-2003, 10:22 AM
have you scaled your keys in scene editor?
that can cause fractional keyframes.

Polymangler
11-06-2003, 10:40 AM
yep that was it ursa :) thanks mate

is there a was to shift fractional frames to the closest frame or just a way to fix these? cause it's making editing hell

ursa
11-06-2003, 10:47 AM
you should be able to select the keys in graph editor
and type in the frame number to put it wherever you want

evenflcw
11-06-2003, 11:02 AM
In GraphEditor, check out the menues up top. Under the Keys dropdown you'll find "Snap Keys to Frames".
Lots of good stuff "hidden" up there.

Polymangler
11-06-2003, 11:46 AM
Gracias evenflcw, ursa....saved me a few headaches...i thought LW was starting to bug out on me

Cheers,

Bruce

Skittixch
01-24-2014, 10:15 AM
apologies for resurrecting this decade-old thread, but I wanted to share an experience with autokey creating fractional keyframes, and my fix. For some reason, the problem was with my camera. With fractional frames turned off, If I moved an object while looking through my camera, it would create a fractional keyframe. I created a new camera and tried to move an object around and autokey started behaving as expected.

tl;dr

problem with autokey making fractional keyframes? try making a new camera, make sure you're rendering with your new cam, then try autokeying something...that's what did it for me. Hope that helps someone!

jeric_synergy
01-24-2014, 10:54 AM
2003??? Geeze, some threads get dumped, some are immortal zombies....

Ogam
04-21-2014, 11:12 AM
Man, am I glad this didn't get buried! I was having that trouble and a couple of solutions didn't quite fly, and now - tada! Thanks so much.