PDA

View Full Version : NEW VIDEO: Secrets of Subdivision Modeling in LightWave 11.5

ConjureBunny
03-05-2013, 05:56 AM
Good Morning!

SubD models just look better than plain models. But it's not always easy to get the look you want, and there's a pretty steep learning curve dotted with tons of secret tricks. Additionally, most of the videos out there are made for older versions of LightWave, and don't cover using the latest tools. By using a combination of old and new tools, you can model in SubD mode faster than ever before. This video series will show you how.

Secrets of Subdivision Modeling in LightWave 11.5 walks you through a ton of technique and tricks that will help you model in SubD mode with LW 11.5 faster, and much easier than earlier versions. This mixes old and new techniques, leaning towards 11.5's new features. You don't need ZBrush to make your models look nice. So if you're ready to take your models to the next level, here’s two volumes with over 5 hours of techniques, tips, tricks, and more, including all of the finished models shown in the videos!

These videos will teach you several subdivision modeling techniques specific to LightWave 11.5. While there are multiple videos in this series, each volume is self contained and can be viewed independently of the others.

Secrets Volume 1 (http://bit.ly/WspS8V) ($19.95) is around 3 hours long, and is split between techniques, tips, and tricks, and then specific projects.

Volume 1 contains...
Secrets Part 1
Filed down metal chunks - (2 minutes) - How to make your metal chunks look chunkier
Cutting holes in a curved surface (Toroid) - (14 minutes) - How to cut a hole or slice out of a curved surface
Creating a Shell effect - (24 minutes) - The infamous sliced up shell look. As seen on cars, trucks, doors, vehicles, every sci-fi movie ever made, and most anime robots.
G-Subpatch (3 minutes) - About the G-Subpatch toggle and why it's important

Secrets Part 2
Fixing Mistakes (parts 1,2 and 3 are about 24 minutes)- there are a lot of ways you can screw up sub-d surfaces, and you'll waste years of your life in misery if you don't know what's happening. This is a visual tour of how to recognize common mistakes and how to correct them.
Bridging gaps with the Connect tool (5 minutes) - You can use the connect tool instead of the edge slice tool. It serves multiple purposes.

Secrets Part 3
Eye sockets (21 minutes) - these are ultimately used on the Horny Cricket model
Knobs and dials (26 minutes) - How to make various knobs and dials seen in sci-fi movies and on interfaces

Secrets Part 4
Knife Project (blade: 41 minutes, handle: 24 minutes)- How to make a tanto style rubber training knife, including handle.

Secrets Volume 2 (http://bit.ly/ZkNgBS) ($19.95) is around 2 hours long, and contains mostly specific projects and workflows. This volume also contains all of the files for both volumes, along with a bonus file and a brief video discussing the creation of the Horny Cricket model for the Dark Reef video game.

Volume 2 Secrets Part 1
AirScoop (12 minutes)- How to make an air scoop for a car
Ammo (15 minutes) - How to make an ammo canister or grooved cylinder

Volume 2 Secrets Part 2
Microphone and ear piece (26 minutes)- includes using the shell technique for the mic, and boolean subtraction on a curved surface
Shells and rattles (10 minutes)- how to make decreasingly sized shells and a rattle snake rattle
Air vents (9 minutes) - how to make an air vent quickly in sub-d mode
Speaker holes (12 minutes) - how to cut holes in something (speaker holes, vent holes, torpedo wells)
Robot Eyes (1&2) (20 minutes) - how to make a simple robot eye with a detached lens

Volume 2 Secrets Part 3
Building a Birdhouse (6 minutes) - Learn the basics of sharp angles in sub-D mode.
Building Neatly Beveled Objects (6 minutes) - Learn how to add geometry to something without affecting other parts.
Building a Sloping Object (12 minutes)- How to make a sloping dent or a sloping incline.

BonusFiles
Includes all of the models seen in the above videos, along with a few that weren't used in the videos but that demonstrate common concepts in sub-d modeling!

The bonus files also includes the Horny Cricket, and a short video about his construction!

Total Running Time: 5 hrs. 15 mins.

Resolution: 1280 x 800 pixels
Video Format: H.264 (.mov)
Level: Beginner - Intermediate

Enjoy!
-Chilton

philthorn
03-05-2013, 06:49 PM
Nice job Chilton!

I'm going through the first course now - building a cool knife. :-)

I love the techniques for troubleshooting Subd geometry. We all approach modeling differently but it's nice to have a way to find out where it goes wrong and some solutions as well.

I'll see if I like my take on the knife enough to share a render with the class. :-)

-Phil

ConjureBunny
03-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Thank you, Phil!

I've spent about half my life fixing the mistakes I spent the other half making :)

So I thought that techniques for troubleshooting would be almost as important as the modeling techniques themselves.

I realize that sounds weird--techniques for troubleshooting 3D modeling. But it's something that has served me pretty well over the years.

I am anxious to see what you come up with!

-Chilton

jrandom
03-06-2013, 12:46 AM
Just finished part one of the first set of videos. These are so much better than all the previous tutorials I've dug up -- overly-complicated or way too simple. This series appears to be actually practical. Yay! :)

ConjureBunny
03-06-2013, 06:12 AM
Thank you, J!

Fantastic! That was exactly my goal.

<I made these over the course of several days, so I hope none of them recorded me having an 'off day' ;-) >

-Chilton

jrandom
03-06-2013, 09:13 AM
It did crack me up a bit when you confused yourself during the Shell tutorial when you undid one step past where you wanted and didn't notice, and then it took you a bit to realize your seam wasn't there. You quickly recreated it and recovered nicely. :) Fantastic tutorial regardless.

ConjureBunny
03-06-2013, 09:52 AM
HA HA! Good catch :)

Man, that really tripped me up, and in the back of my head I kept thinking something evil had happened. I started waiting for Modeler to crash on me ;-)

Then, when I rewatched the video I saw what I did, but the rest of it wasn't so bad, so I just left it in.

:D

-Chilton

jeric_synergy
03-06-2013, 10:29 AM
It did crack me up a bit when you confused yourself during the Shell tutorial when you undid one step past where you wanted and didn't notice, and then it took you a bit to realize your seam wasn't there. You quickly recreated it and recovered nicely. :) Fantastic tutorial regardless.
IMO those moments in tutorials ENHANCE the teaching, in that viewers see how to recover from the inevitable eff up.

And KUDOS, Chilton, for laying out the contents (first post) so clearly!!! Much appreciated. :bowdown:

jrandom
03-06-2013, 10:56 AM
The only thing that bugs me is that there's no obvious order in which the videos should be watched. Not a huge deal, but maybe you could number them? Or maybe it doesn't matter and they can be watched in any order? (Again, I've only watched that first set with G-Toggle [THANK YOU FOR THAT BIT OF KNOWLEDGE], Shell, and Toroid thingy.)

Also, I'm unfamiliar with a lot of the tools. It took me forever to realize when you said "Add edge loop" you were using the Connect tool. :)

ConjureBunny
03-06-2013, 12:19 PM
There's not a *particular* order, really. I tried to make each one stand at least a little on its own.

Regarding the connect tool, I had an additional 2 hours of BORING AS HELL content I cut out, and at the start of that I was using something I keep calling Edge Slice. By the time I started on these videos, I had been playing with some of the older tools, and noticed Connect did everything my edge slice did, plus it let me connect (and slice) vertices. It's really cool. So I switched to that, but kept calling it the wrong thing.

What you'll notice as you get a little farther along is that I become compulsive about correcting this, and I start saying things like, "This is the connect tool, not the edge slice tool" ;-)

I'm *convinced* that half of the tools I use could be merged into one überTool. But I'm comfortable with the way things are so far.

One big difference between my technique and others' is that I don't use Bandsaw Pro very often. The simple reason is that it extends the selection for you, and it doesn't always extend it in a direction I'm expecting. You do that about 3 times on a really large mesh, and then you start hating it. I get the feeling there's a setting to turn that off, and if there is, I missed it.

Also also, enclosed is the config setup I'm using in the videos ;-)

-Chilton

jrandom
03-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Yay settings! Actally, I started my own Mesh Edit menu tab when I saw your "New Stuff" one. Don't know why I never did that before; it's super handy. Once that's built up I think I can finally get a sane set of custom keyboard shortcuts. (I already have one for select-loop and a few for LWCAD tools, but they're scattered and hard to remember.)

Bandsaw Pro is glitchy and slow and for this reason I am gleeful that I've learned about the Connect tool. Really cuts down on the number of times I'll have to use BSP.

chikega
03-06-2013, 12:46 PM
I used the included text file to see how the videos were "ordered". I've watched about 3 videos so far and I've already picked up some pearls such as using g-subpatch. That is one thing that drives/drove me crazy about modeling in Lightwave and Modo, having to drop what you're doing, go to poly mode, hit Tab. I was a bit spoiled in Silo, I could have any tool active and come in and out of SubD mode instantly without dropping a tool. At least this is one step closer to modeling zen.

I loved the "safety net" approach and even duplicated the steps in modo and Silo. So, the concepts that you present are applicable to most other modelers. I wish I had seen that video when I was modeling my dental handpiece. :)

One humble suggestion for more control when "sizing" or scaling the ends where the intersections or plates meet, I would use the Move Plus (RMB) command which will scale points along their normals and retain the over all cross section shape relative to the unscaled portion of the model.

It's very cool and insightful to see how others tackle modeling and this video series really goes into the problem solving side of the equation. :)

tyrot
03-06-2013, 03:50 PM
i will purchase these videos asap. I am also very excited about LW UNITY training video :) ...

philthorn
03-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Thanks again Chilton! I'm enjoying the series immensely and picking up some new tricks along the way.
As promised - my attempt at the knife. I should add some geometry so I can texture the edge further back but it was more of a modeling exercise.

ConjureBunny
03-06-2013, 05:28 PM
HOLY SHEET METAL, PHIL!

I am impressed! That's fantastic. Absolutely beautiful.

I made 'real' knives for about 5 years, so this is a topic I have a little real world experience with. I'd have been very happy if any of my real world knives had turned out that good ;-)

-Chilton

philthorn
03-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Wow, thanks!
It was a little more challenging than I anticipated as before this I might not have modeled a knife using SUBds - that's also why your training was fun. Got me thinking a little more strategically.

I've done plenty of subd modeling must mostly for softer-more organic shapes and definitely nothing with a knife edge! :-)

I gotta say my approach in (eh hem) another package would have been to edge weight all the sharper corners/edges but LW is a little funky when edge weighting CC subds.

Thanks again.

-Phil

jrandom
03-06-2013, 07:03 PM
I would be so incredibly happy if Newtek fixed the edge-weighting problem (just try to add edges anywhere after altering some edge weights) and then integrated that into the tweak tool. It would open up a whole new world of subd modeling techniques.

hrgiger
03-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Are you guys using regular LW subD's or are you using CC subdivision? Because regular LW subD's don't have edge weighting, they have point weighting which is completely different.

philthorn
03-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Yep, CC here. Point weighting LW subDs is no fun either but I've just gotten accustomed to CC and not having to worry if I have an N-Gon or two.

ConjureBunny
03-06-2013, 08:48 PM
CC here too.

-Chilton

jrandom
03-06-2013, 09:01 PM
Say, didn't Pixar release their spiffy new subdivision algorithm? That would be fun to have incorporated into LW.

ConjureBunny
03-06-2013, 10:47 PM
I think they did. I keep thinking it was like a combination of SubDs and mipmaps, though I could be way off base there. I honestly haven't followed it too closely.

-Chilton

jrandom
03-06-2013, 11:18 PM
The Pixar algorithm gives a sort of best-of-both-worlds. You get edge sharpening like CC, but with optimal poly counts for both flat areas and sharper curves.

djwaterman
03-07-2013, 12:29 AM
Until such time that CC, edge wieghts or Pixar's algorithm become standard in all apps, it's best to stick with sub D's so that models can easily be translated across platforms. It's good to learn how to wrangle sub D's into the shape you need anyway, if you're certain the work will never leave a particular app based work flow you can be excused for using the other methods.

jrandom
03-07-2013, 12:41 AM
ZBrush uses CC, so if you're using both LW and ZBrush, best to stay away from the old-style subdivision algorithm. (In fact, I was under the impression that most programs use CC now, if they haven't already moved on to the Pixar method.)

djwaterman
03-07-2013, 12:57 AM
One big difference between my technique and others' is that I don't use Bandsaw Pro very often. The simple reason is that it extends the selection for you, and it doesn't always extend it in a direction I'm expecting. You do that about 3 times on a really large mesh, and then you start hating it. I get the feeling there's a setting to turn that off, and if there is, I missed it.

Also also, enclosed is the config setup I'm using in the videos ;-)

-Chilton

I use Bandsaw Pro a lot, and you're mean't to choose the polygons in the direction you want them to go first (but I'm sure you knew that) and it will select them in the order you want. It works every time for me, also bandsaw pro should be instant, if it's slow it must be a graphic card problem or setting. Having said that and thinking I didn't need any more lessons in sub-D modeling, I'm leaning towards getting these videos because it's good to see how others work, things are being mentioned here I never heard about, like g-subpatch for instance.

ConjureBunny
03-07-2013, 03:51 AM
Oh the speed of the tool isn't the problem, it's the speed it can screw things up that gets me :)

I'll select what I thought was a fairly complete loop, or part of it, hit BSP, and then realize many steps later (usually one past my undo level) that it actually cut past where I had selected, and I hadn't noticed. It's a workflow issue for me. If I could constrain it to just the things I've selected, it'd be a nearly perfect tool for me.

-Chilton

philthorn
03-07-2013, 07:37 AM
Compatibility isn't an issue unless you have to move an object to Max, all the tools I use Modo, Maya, Zbrush use CC Subds. On the rare occasions that I have to do low poly models for Max it's all poly no subd anyway.

Chilton: Agreed on bandsaw - it is a modeling disaster waiting to happen. :-)

I've been forcing myself to spend all my time in LW, getting back up to speed but I'll tell you I do miss double-click to select edge loops and unified slicing tools like the other apps.

You are correct in the edge weighting in LW - get some nice sharp edges, later on bevel out a poly and BLAM - what a mess!

hrgiger
03-07-2013, 08:18 AM
The only time I can't get a predictable slice direction with bandsaw pro is when I might be bandsawing one polygon. And yes, there are times when you might want to bandsaw a single polygon, usually to when its going to match up with slices from other polygons I'm connecting it to or a few other instances I've found. But either way, you can change the slice direction in bandsaw pro numeric panel.

If you don't want your slices to go past your selection, then you should be using the cut tool which is bandsaw pro that respects selection. Can't say I ever use it though. If you don't want bandsaw pro to go past your selection, you can flip the polygons were you want the cut to stop.

ConjureBunny
03-07-2013, 08:30 AM
If you don't want bandsaw pro to go past your selection, you can flip the polygons were you want the cut to stop.

AH! You know, that might have been the exact problem I had. I was working on a mesh imported from another app, and the normals weren't all flipped properly. I did not realize that would be a problem.

My problem wasn't that bandsaw did something wrong--it was that I didn't know where it would go ahead of time, a few times that happened. I'll take another look at cut!

Thanks!
-Chilton

jrandom
03-07-2013, 08:57 AM
As for the BandSaw Pro slowness problem, I found last night it's not restriced to BSP -- in various tools that select/unselect a lot of polys, it draws the sel/unsel for each poly one at a time and it's very slow, and I think it's a vsync issue.

Problem is, I'm on a Mac and there's no system-level option to shut that off (the normal Windows solution). And while Layout has a "Disable VSync" option, Modeler does not. :(

ConjureBunny
03-07-2013, 09:10 AM
My Retina Mac has a real problem with this, due to a bad graphics card. But I can't do without my Mac to get it replaced!

So anything that has a vsync problem slows down to a crawl, and sometimes causes a kernel panic. Yay.

-Chilton

ConjureBunny
03-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Oh damn. I am an idiot. I did not check my most favorite secret weapon ever (Quartz Debug), and there it is...

(screenshot and markup made in Conjure)

-Chilton

Spinland
03-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Great tip! Just so I'm clear on this: what I'm actually downloading is the XCode 4 package?

ConjureBunny
03-07-2013, 09:33 AM
It's not in XCode. I was wrong. It's here, under Graphics Tools for XCode.

And it's a 120Mb download.

https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action

-Chilton

jrandom
03-07-2013, 10:12 AM
As a programmer, I already have XCode (apple dev access)! Yay! Doing this tonight when I get home from work!

jrandom
03-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Success! Turning off Beam Sync makes Modeler a LOT snappier when dealing with large selection sets.

jeric_synergy
03-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Success! Turning off Beam Sync makes Modeler a LOT snappier when dealing with large selection sets.
Flag this for BeeVee so he can add it to the dox.

Maybe LightWIKI could use it too.

jrandom
03-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Important note: the Quartz debugger program must remain running. As soon as you quit, Beam Sync automatically reactivates. Luckily, you can close the floating settings window (which always appears on the active desktop above all programs) without quitting Quartz Debugger.

ConjureBunny
03-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Try force quitting the QuartzDebug app. I think that will leave it off, too.

(after turning off Beam Sync, of course)

-Chilton

jrandom
03-07-2013, 10:26 PM
I rather like the ability to just temporarily disable it. I can easily regular-quit QuartzDebug when I'm done. Of course, what we really need is a vSync disable button in Modeler.

ConjureBunny
03-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Yeah, that's the obvious *right* answer to this problem :-D

Maybe in 11.5.1 or 11.5.1.5.11

-Chilton

ConjureBunny
03-08-2013, 05:20 AM
Phil, I showed your knife off to another knife maker yesterday. He specializes in fantasy blades and reproductions of knives from movies. He said he's reconsidering getting into 3D (partly because he was really impressed). If nothing else, he said he could start printing custom handles. But the prospect of blocking out a blade in 3 dimensions, and seeing what it will look like ahead of time is very appealing to him as well, since he can do that in 3 dimensions with LW. He can't do that with Photoshop 2D pictures which is what he's using now.

-Chilton

philthorn
03-08-2013, 06:15 AM
Cool. More recruits! :-)
I wonder how many of the knives we see in movies these days are modeled in 3D and just sent right to a 3D printer?
(item # 23 on list of things I have to do: get a reprap printer)

Mastoy
03-08-2013, 01:35 PM
I just bought volumes 1 and 2 (in fact about 7 hours ago)
How long does it take to recieve the download links ?

jrandom
03-08-2013, 02:01 PM
I got my download links in around 10-15 minutes, I think.

Spinland
03-08-2013, 02:35 PM

Spam folder?

Mastoy
03-08-2013, 03:04 PM
I got my download links in around 10-15 minutes, I think.

Spam folder?

Erf :/
Checked my spam folder but nothing in there.
The checkout process was a bit weird though : I didn't have to create an account or anything, I just paid with paypal and that was it. I recieved the confirmation email from paypal that the payment was done but that's all.
It's late here so I'm going to sleep ;)
Hope I'll have a good surprise tomorrow morning !

ConjureBunny
03-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Ack! See, this is what happens when I stop compulsively checking the forums for a couple of hours ;-)

They should be there by now, but if you're sure they're not in your spam folder, please let me know and I'll see if I can find out what happened. As I understand it, when you purchase things from the Liberty3D.com site, it auto-generates the links and mails them out. Usually they're just in the spam filter, because they're giant, crazy looking URLs sent from a bot. It probably looks like spam to the spam catcher.

-Chilton

- - - Updated - - -

Erf :/
Checked my spam folder but nothing in there.
The checkout process was a bit weird though : I didn't have to create an account or anything, I just paid with paypal and that was it. I recieved the confirmation email from paypal that the payment was done but that's all.
It's late here so I'm going to sleep ;)
Hope I'll have a good surprise tomorrow morning !

Hang on, I'll check right now.

-Chilton

Danner
03-08-2013, 03:17 PM
... I've watched about 3 videos so far and I've already picked up some pearls such as using g-subpatch. That is one thing that drives/drove me crazy about modeling in Lightwave and Modo, having to drop what you're doing, go to poly mode, hit Tab....

)

Holy crap! When was g-suppatch added? It seems Newtek adds some undocumented gems now and then that only the very curious seem to find. (also removes some.. "choose surface" was removed in 11.5 so I am back to 11 when I have a ton of surfaces)

ConjureBunny
03-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Without divulging any secret squirrel type stuff, I can say that NewTek is often concerned that any time a new tool is added, that they'll break something someone depends on in their pipeline. So when new tools are added, they're often relegated to some deeper menu somewhere, so there's no chance you'll accidentally kill your model by using SuperUVUnwrapPlus when you thought you were using SuperUVUnwrapNormal.

Think of it as a variation of one of The Three Laws ;-)

-Chilton

Danner
03-08-2013, 04:04 PM
) ..also removes some.. "choose surface" was removed in 11.5 so I am back to 11 when I have a ton of surfaces..

Sorry to hijack the thread, just wanted to say I spoke too soon, 11.5 has a replacement for "choose Surface" it's called "PickSurf". It's similar in functionality, an extra click but I'm OK with that.

ConjureBunny
03-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Ha! I was just now looking up what "Choose Surface" did :-D

Yeah, similar thing, it appears. There's also a Select Entire Surface one I use a lot.

-Chilton

BokadCastle
03-08-2013, 04:21 PM
a small tip - I made my own list with a simple copy and paste to 'sticky notes'.

jeric_synergy
03-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Never used "Choose Surface" -- now PickSurf I guess. So, it's not "Choose Polys by Surface", it's something for the SrfEd? (I'll go look it up....)

Yeah, NTek did not exactly TRUMPET G-Subpatch, although it was certainly quietly mentioned. But it's SUCH a big help it could use a PR push.... this is why I'm always hammering on the "You guys need dox that EVOLVE with user input!" drum. ::sigh::

If the dox were online and dynamic, we could add this tip RIGHT NOW.

For instance, how many user know about "MOTIFY", aka "Delete PLUS"? --JFC, it's even more stupidly named than I remembered: "TM-P Mot-ify Delete Motion Keys". Good luck remembering THAT.

Anyway, it's SO much better than "Delete Keys" that I usually replace "Delete Keys" with it -- take a look. It's buried in SCENE UTILITIES menu.

Danner
03-08-2013, 05:57 PM
PickSurf is such a time saver. if you have a ton of things on a scene and want to edit a specific surface in modeler, just activate pickSurf, and click on a polygon, surface editor opens with that surface selected and ready to be edited. It's like shift clicking in VPR but in modeler.

jeric_synergy
03-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Picksurf sounds great!

jboudreau
04-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Hi Guys

Does anybody know how to do an edge slice. In the toroid video of this set the instructor makes an edge slice but doesn't show you what tool he used to do it (hot keys) Is he saying edge slice but meaning something else because I can't fine the edge slice tool in modeler.

Thanks,
Jason

jrandom
04-16-2013, 05:09 PM
I believe that's the "connect" tool. Keyboard shortcut should be a lowercase 'L', I think.

jboudreau
04-16-2013, 05:15 PM
QUOTE=jrandom;1316539]I believe that's the "connect" tool. Keyboard shortcut should be a lowercase 'L', I think.[/QUOTE]

Hi

I thought that is what he was using but I am not getting the same results as in the video. When I use the connect tool I get this. Any idea why this is happening?

On the video it looks like this

Thanks,
Jason

BokadCastle
04-16-2013, 06:42 PM
nup...it's 'slice' in the new 11.5 tools menu from Matt.

or
Multiply > SubDivide > Slice

'Connect' isn't 11.5

BokadCastle
04-16-2013, 06:49 PM
btw I'm working on Lewis' great tutorial '58 Chevy'.

the new tools are much appreciated for this.

jeric_synergy
04-16-2013, 06:54 PM
I thought that is what he was using but I am not getting the same results as in the video. When I use the connect tool I get this. Any idea why this is happening?
On the video it looks like this
Jason

Perhaps he's using CC subpatcheds instead of ....errrrr, the other one? (Almost certainly, since CC supports >4 subpatches.)

jboudreau
04-16-2013, 07:11 PM
nup...it's 'slice' in the new 11.5 tools menu from Matt.

or
Multiply > SubDivide > Slice

'Connect' isn't 11.5

I tried both the slice and the connect tool and neither one gives the same result as in the screen grab I provided.

BokadCastle
04-16-2013, 08:19 PM
as Jeric says the polys are >4, I've run that video and put 5 dots to show those polys.

therefore catmull clark or CC.

meaning to get the same as the video, change to CC.
and use 'slice' or 'connect'.

jboudreau
04-16-2013, 08:34 PM
as Jeric says the polys are >4, I've run that video and put 5 dots to show those polys.

therefore catmull clark or CC.

meaning to get the same as the video, change to CC.
and use 'slice' or 'connect'.

Hi

Thanks, The first time I tried doing this with CC it gave really crazy results. I delete my configs and tried it again and it works now very strange.

Thanks,
Jason

BokadCastle
04-16-2013, 08:39 PM
try TAB on the two 5 sided polys

BokadCastle
04-16-2013, 08:51 PM
like this

bellmore
06-24-2013, 11:25 AM
ConjureBunny, I ordered this video a few months ago. I formatted my computer and lost all of the files from the tutorial. Is there any way that I would be able to the link to download the files again?

djlithium
06-26-2013, 06:35 PM
HI Bellmore. If you can emeowl me ([email protected]) from the email you used to make the purchase I can track it and resend links. That's no problem