PDA

View Full Version : Colors in DDR?

jdavidbakr
11-06-2003, 08:07 AM
I am wondering if there is a way to change the color of the clip in the DDR, instead of them all being purple. I have a DDR that has several clips in it, and they are similar enough that the thumbnail cannot tell the difference. Right now I have the aliases describing them, but it would be really nice to be able to change the color so that I can see which one I want to go to at a glance. Is this a feature that currently exists?

Paul Lara
11-06-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by jdavidbakr
[is] there is a way to change the color of the clip in the DDR

Absolutely!
Open color picker, pick your favorite color, and drag that color dot on top of the clip. This coloration can be done either in DDR, in File bin, or even drop a color on top of a module!

Paul

djlithium
11-06-2003, 04:53 PM
Whats even cooler is that you can move those color coded clips from module to module. Makes it really easy to keep track of what is what in a project.

For example, when doing BC and edits, we use green for "take more then likely to make the cut" and blue for an alternative and red for a no go which can then be deleted later.

There are lots of uses for color coding clips. think of it as another way to put a postit note on your segments. This, along with alias names works really well for sorting stuff out.

jdavidbakr
11-07-2003, 09:32 AM
Yes, that's it, this is beautiful! (I mean my DDR's are now beautiful because they are so colorful... :D ) Thanks for the tip!