PDA

View Full Version : Buying LWCAD Next Week

Tony3d
03-02-2013, 11:41 AM
When I purchase LWCAD, does the license allow me to run it in 11.03, and 11.5, or one, or the other?

BigHache
03-02-2013, 11:52 AM
It's dongle ID tied so it doesn't matter.

Tony3d
03-02-2013, 12:19 PM
Ok Thanks. How does that work if your not using a dongle anymore?

BigHache
03-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Viktor released an update that's specific for no dongle mode. I'm not sure if you have to get that now with a new purchase. I don't have 4.0 but it may be just part of the deal now.

CaptainMarlowe
03-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Process is very smooth. LWCAD will generate your licence and serial number after going to Viktor's website. It will work will 11.0.3 and 11.5 and on several macs (you can even generate a windows key for no additionnal fee), provided, of course, you won't use it on more than once seat at once, just like with Lightwave.
I used LWCAD 4 on 11.0.3 before installing 11.5, and I now use it alternatively on my laptop or my desktop with no problem. Just follow the installation guide, and everything will be very smooth. Besides that, Viktor provides the best customer service you could expect so if you encounter any problem, he will sort it out.

Tony3d
03-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Thanks guys. Can't wait to try mass smoothing, and the UV Mapping tools. Hope there both better than Lightwaves.

hrgiger
03-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Tony, what kinds of things are you looking to use UV mapping with? I just ask because the Quad mapper in LWCAD is not for everyday situations like creating UV maps for characters, but it is good for putting a texture a long a road or UV mapping the walls of a building.

Tony3d
03-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Tony, what kinds of things are you looking to use UV mapping with? I just ask because the Quad mapper in LWCAD is not for everyday situations like creating UV maps for characters, but it is good for putting a texture a long a road or UV mapping the walls of a building.

I make a lot of different cables that have weird textures in there skins. So It would basically be mapping tubes.