PDA

View Full Version : How do i get bullit sim to rest ?

Peter Ekberg
03-02-2013, 01:42 AM
Hi

In playing around with built and fracture witch is awesome and fun as hell :)

But how do you kill off the micro movements on parts?

I have tried some stuff and I read the manual but Iīm at the moment none the wiser.

Please advise
//Peter

djwaterman
03-02-2013, 02:11 AM
I've had the same problem, there should be a global kill switch where you could slow down the simulation and bring it to a complete stop. This behavior is apparent in tests because we tend to keep it playing until the sim is finished, in a sequence you are less likely to watch the whole destruction come to rest, but still...

Peter Ekberg
03-02-2013, 06:30 AM
I've had the same problem, there should be a global kill switch where you could slow down the simulation and bring it to a complete stop. This behavior is apparent in tests because we tend to keep it playing until the sim is finished, in a sequence you are less likely to watch the whole destruction come to rest, but still...

hmm.

how have Lightwave demos solved this I cant see any micro movements in demos :)

Another thought if I want to brake/shatter a glass sphere and still get the sphere to look good in render do you replace it with the fractured sphere at the moment of impact ?

//Peter

Surrealist.
03-02-2013, 12:26 PM
That similar kind of effect I have done before with object replacement. But also you can set up two scenes with the same animation and edit them together with either a cut or transition.

prometheus
03-02-2013, 12:27 PM
I havenīt experienced that much of a problem with it, but It is so scene dependent on everything you got in there, from weight of the fractured pieces, linear damping, friction jump, bounciness..which you might want to lower a lot .or use gradient or envelope on.

Thatīs for fractured pieces, but remember that static object have those settings to that can impact overall motion.

The best you could do to get some help fast would be to post a sample scene, and let others disect it if they got the time to do so.

Michael