PDA

View Full Version : Move/Rotate Tool - Action Centre

Matt
11-06-2003, 07:24 AM
Another workflow request . . .

In Modeller when the 'Action Centre' is set to 'Selection' and you click the move / rotate / scale tools for example, could the coordinates for the selections centre be recorded by default into the numeric box?

At the moment I have to rotate / move or whatever to record the centre, then undo, then type the angle I really wanted in the numeric box (if I want to be accutate).

Cheers
Matt

bloontz
11-06-2003, 07:52 AM
Good idea, could also have a numeric value for action center. I suppose for now you could use something like RR_Pivot and Pivot Commander to temporarily set the pivot to the selection center.

spigolo
11-07-2003, 11:43 AM
At the moment if you want to make your life a little easeier with this problem you have to use DS_Centerpivot a free plugin I found somewhere on flay.
You select a point and then activate the plugin it records the point coordinates as pivot coordinates so when you rotate an object and you choose pivot as action center it rotates around that point coordinates.

Matt
11-09-2003, 08:04 AM
Thanks, I already have a plugin by Carl Merrit that does that (PivotBB.ls) problem is, you might not want to move your pivot, you're right though it is another way of doing it.

Much prefer the tool to do it automatically though!

tburbage
11-15-2003, 03:46 PM
I agree with Matt that the support for Action Center could be improved, not only the way it works with tools which already support them, but with broadened support by built-in tools which don't.

There could also be a stronger visual indication of the active center point position -- like drawing a pivot widget in the viewports. I know I often use Selection action center, and sometimes forget to set the center back to Mouse -- leading to some unexpected results in later operations. If the action center were displayed in OGL, it woud be a good visual cue.

AaronKent
12-08-2004, 09:29 AM
it seems that http://www.m2estudios.com/plugins.html is not up right now and I need PivotBB.ls like TEN MINUTES AGO. Carl Merritt please help. Could somebody email it to me? [email protected] thanks guys.

Cheers

Aaron Kent