PDA

View Full Version : Lose Of Tech Support Really Sucks!

Tony3d
03-01-2013, 05:30 AM
It just boggles my brain how Newtek totally abandoned any tech support what so ever! When you call they want nothing at all to do with you. Go to the forms is their answer to everything. That's fine for some things, but when time is important, one can wait for days. Chuck had told me in a thread early on, that this was temporary, and tech support would return. I'm not getting that vibe in the least. I had put in an e-mail once, and it took 11 days to get an answer. The job had been finished for 3!

OnlineRender
03-01-2013, 05:35 AM
did you try switching it off & on again? :devil:

never had an issue with tech support and never really had the need to contact them and if there is an issue I use skype its quicker :)

Tony3d
03-01-2013, 05:36 AM
Lol!

lardbros
03-01-2013, 05:54 AM
Tech support i far greater in this community than any other companies tech support I've dealt with. Recently dealt with Adobe and there's was APPALLING! But managed to find a guy who worked for them, emailed him directly, and he answered in minutes... with the answer I needed. Tech support are basically there to channel you to the right people... in Newtek's case, they are all situated in this forum... and if it's really urgent, I'm sure a private message to one of the dev guys would work.

philthorn
03-01-2013, 06:39 AM
Not my experience at all. I use the forms and usually get a pretty prompt response. As recent as a couple weeks ago I had resolution in less than 24 hrs. via the tech support form.

I suppose it depends on specifics of a problem. If it's a bug (repeatable) - I try on a different machine/ OS and post to the forums to see if anyone else has the same issue. If it's a procedural issue the forums are invaluable in the amount/quality of support from the community.

Lately 90% of any questions I've had are addressed already here somewhere in the forums.

The slowest response seems to come in the area of licensing / account mgt.