PDA

View Full Version : LW 11.5 error message on open.

Mr Rid
02-28-2013, 11:10 PM
My system froze during rendering and I had to reset. The next time I ran LW (and every time) I these three error messages. The first error is related to TurbulenceFD. So, I uninstalled LW & re-installed.

Now, each time I run LW I get the LAST error message only. I click 'ok' and LW continues to work.

Any ideas on how to eliminate this error message from popping up every time I run LW? Anyone actually comprehend these things?

Mr Rid
02-28-2013, 11:20 PM
I did Fogbug it.

Waves of light
03-01-2013, 03:24 AM
Don't know if this will help or if it is related to your issues:

Backup configs
Kill configs
Reboot

VermilionCat
03-01-2013, 03:29 AM
Isn't this TFD specific problem?
You can turn off autoscan plugin or
place TFD folder to other folder like /program files/ and add plugin from there
then the error would go away.

3DGFXStudios
03-01-2013, 04:57 AM
This happens when LW is missing some .dll's probably some plugin that's causing this. TFD for example.... Some plugins come with additional .dll files that are often installed in a dir that can't be found with the scan plugins function. The could be in an old bin folder from an other LW installation. It's not a bug it's a user error ;)

lino.grandi
03-01-2013, 06:55 AM
My system froze during rendering and I had to reset. The next time I ran LW (and every time) I these three error messages. The first error is related to TurbulenceFD. So, I uninstalled LW & re-installed.

Now, each time I run LW I get the LAST error message only. I click 'ok' and LW continues to work.

Any ideas on how to eliminate this error message from popping up every time I run LW? Anyone actually comprehend these things?

I don't think this is something we can solve. Seem related to Turbulence, not to LightWave.

Mr Rid
03-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Thanks all for taking time to respond.

According to Jawset support, "this a known problem with Lightwave."

Tried deleting the TFD plug. Also,moving it to another folder and re-adding did not help(?). It appears that the only work around is to disable Autoscan plugins, as VermilionCat
mentioned.

Mr Rid
03-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Finally fixed. I cleared all plugins, close and open LW, scan directory, and now its back to normal.

Mr Rid
03-05-2013, 12:04 AM
Spoke too soon. Modeler now gets all three errors each time opened, but Layout opens fine(?).

Mr Rid
03-09-2013, 03:39 PM
If I re-install LW, and new configs, how can this problem still be there?

Waves of light
03-10-2013, 01:01 AM
If this was happening to me and I got to the point you're at I would do the following:

1. Download CCleaner - it free (http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner)
2. Run the unistaller on Lightwave
3. Run the uninstaller on TFD (if indeed it is a program and not a plugin)
4. Run 'registry' - which cleans you registry of any bits left over after an uninstall (lets you backup your registry first)
5. Reboot
6. Install LW
7. Install TFD

Ricky.

Mr Rid
03-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Thanks! I did this a few weeks ago (with a different cleaner) and it caused a few problems. Will try again when I get a minute.

Mr Rid
03-24-2013, 04:40 PM
Well, the CCleaner route did not help. :bangwall:

This is what I despise so much about computers. Its like the 'desktop icons rearrange themselves at startup' in Windows 7 that no being on Earth seems to know how to definitively prevent.

Waves of light
03-25-2013, 04:08 AM
Well, the CCleaner route did not help. :bangwall:

This is what I despise so much about computers. Its like the 'desktop icons rearrange themselves at startup' in Windows 7 that no being on Earth seems to know how to definitively prevent.

I hate not being able to fix stuff or get to the bottom of an IT issue... but if you've cleaned everything out, how is it still producing the error. I am sorry, but I'm at a loss with this one David.

Ricky.

3DGFXStudios
03-25-2013, 05:28 AM
Don't install TFD in the lightwave folder. But it in the C:programs. Clean your plugins, close Lightwave. Modeler and layout and Hub. Then restart lightwave and scan plugins.
This should work. And if it does not you can always copy the lib files from turbulenceFD directly to the bin folder so you have 2 of them.

Eagle66
03-25-2013, 09:37 AM
I don't think this is something we can solve. Seem related to Turbulence, not to LightWave.

This issue has to be fixed in LW!

Here is the TFD Support answer:
TFD needs a few DLLs in it's libs-folder to work, because some of them cannot be linked into the .p file.

Whenever you have DLLs inside LW's main plugin folder and have Autosccan Plugins enabled, LW will try to load any .p or .dll file as an LW plugin. Of course that will fail for .dll files that are not LW plugins. The way LW loads these files makes Windows show the error message. LW's loading procedure could be changed to suppress the errors or to only load .p files (assuming .p files are always LW plugins).

Until this is fixed, the only way to avoid the error messages is to prevent LW from trying to load non-LW plugins. You can do that by installing TFD in a separate folder or by disabling Autoscan.

So, now it is Bug or a feature in LW :)

Mr Rid
04-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Don't install TFD in the lightwave folder. But it in the C:programs. Clean your plugins, close Lightwave. Modeler and layout and Hub. Then restart lightwave and scan plugins.
This should work. And if it does not you can always copy the lib files from turbulenceFD directly to the bin folder so you have 2 of them.

Thanks, when I move the T4D folder to Programs folder, clear and rescan plugs, and run LW with autoscan enabled, I continue to get the 'Entry Point not Found' error message(?).

NT support suggested I copy the libiomp5md.dll to my WINDOWS folder (while keeping T4D in the plugs folder), which does eliminate the first error message, but not the last two messages.

This issue has to be fixed in LW!

Here is the TFD Support answer:
TFD needs a few DLLs in it's libs-folder to work, because some of them cannot be linked into the .p file.

Whenever you have DLLs inside LW's main plugin folder and have Autosccan Plugins enabled, LW will try to load any .p or .dll file as an LW plugin. Of course that will fail for .dll files that are not LW plugins. The way LW loads these files makes Windows show the error message. LW's loading procedure could be changed to suppress the errors or to only load .p files (assuming .p files are always LW plugins).

Until this is fixed, the only way to avoid the error messages is to prevent LW from trying to load non-LW plugins. You can do that by installing TFD in a separate folder or by disabling Autoscan.

So, now it is Bug or a feature in LW :)

What I dont understand is, why did this error come about only after I reset my computer? Why wasnt this error always present from the first time I added the T4D plug? Why does it seem I am the only one experiencing this error? There are dozens of other necessary dll files in the bin and plugins folders, so why arent those causing the same errors with autoscan enabled? Seems like there is another factor at work.

Mr Rid
04-09-2013, 06:36 PM
I narrowed down which plug/dll is causing errors when running LW, by first moving all files/folders within the 'plugins' folder out, then adding the folders back one at a time before running LW with autoscan enabled.

The "dynamics.dll" file located in ...\Plugins\CORE\dynamics\dynamics.lwp.bundle\Cont ents\Win64 causes this error:

And the "QtOpenGL4.dll" file located in ...\plugins\ThirdParty\TurbulenceFDle\libs\x64 causes this error:

113459 which names a different T4D dll that does not cause an error when autoscanned.

So, if I remove "dynamics.dll" and "QtOpenGL4.dll" from the plugins folder, then I no longer receive error messages when running LW with autoscan enabled. There are several other dll files in the T4D folder and elsewhere that are not causing errors. So I dont understand rthe dynamics.dll error, which I assume was installed by LW(?). No amount of clearing configs seems to make a difference.