PDA

View Full Version : Man of Steel-Trailer 2

prometheus
02-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Odd..this was released december and I didnīt notice it until now..not sure if it was posted under other threads here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_367848&feature=iv&src_vid=wArmHSPIvlQ&v=-DaPBBOHfsA

Michael

KurtF
03-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Don't know, but I've seen it before on Apple's Trailers web site. I'd consider it the first true trailer, as what we saw earlier was more of a teaser.

My two cents anyway.

probiner
07-18-2013, 06:34 AM
Super Man
meets Avatar
meets Prometheus
meets Demolition Man
meets Dragon Ball
meets 9/11
meets top-notch simulations
meets IMAX

fazi69
07-18-2013, 07:04 AM
Men of steel ? You mean like Stalin ? brrr.....

bobakabob
07-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Hollywood is eating itself, just recycling the same old cliches and hoping artificial looking eye candy covers up the terrible deficiencies in characterisation and narrative. Just like the industry collapsed in the late 60s.
I love cgi but Man of Steel left me feeling indifferent to it and yearning for some mature drama and intelligent dialogue. An entire city was destroyed (gratuitous references to a certain event in NYC?) but there was no sense of apocalypse just boredom as one ludicrous fight scene was followed by something even more preposterous.

OK It was a popcorn movie so perhaps this sounds too harsh. The endless computer game explosions are calculated to appeal to emerging teenage global markets but whatever happened to witty well written and directed mass audience movies like the original Superman?

Qexit
07-18-2013, 12:40 PM
whatever happened to witty well written and directed mass audience movies like the original Superman?You had to wait until the closing minutes of the film for that, i.e. Superman explaining why he brought down the $12 Million government drone trying to track him and his first appearance in the Daliy Planet (though not so much the latter). Maybe, just maybe they will include more of that sort of thing in the sequel ? We can but hope. :goodluck:

Oh, and I think you can blame the 3D requirements for at least some of the silly fight scenes. Various people had to skid, slide or create gouges in the ground much longer distances than were necessary (or believable) and crash through multiple buildings (instead of just hitting the side of one) so that people could see it was a 3D film, i.e. have it rammed down their throats no matter how much it caused them to cease suspending their disbelief.