PDA

View Full Version : Animation programs in Florida universities or community colleges?

mdharman
02-27-2013, 01:07 PM
I teach animation at a high school and one of my students has money for a state college in Florida. I am well aware of Ringling, Full Sail, and the DAVE school, but these are all private. I have also looked into Florida State and their connection with Digital Domain. Does anyone know any other quality animation programs at state-supported universities or community college in Florida?

Dexter2999
02-27-2013, 01:17 PM
http://pegasus.cc.ucf.edu/~art/Animation/al/cover.index.htm

Can't attest to how good it is, but I know they have one.

mdharman
02-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks! I will look into their program.

OnlineRender
03-01-2013, 01:21 AM
generally I would encourage learning but the state of affairs atm I would also say " take your money buy a decent laptop and a subscription to digital tutors and go and travel the world "

Megalodon2.0
03-01-2013, 01:30 AM
generally I would encourage learning but the state of affairs atm I would also say " take your money buy a decent laptop and a subscription to digital tutors and go and travel the world "
I would agree. Unless this student is an animation prodigy, I would take OnlineRender's advice.

The state of the animation and VFX business right now is... pretty much in the crapper from an employees POV - especially in the US. Now if your student is planning to move to China or India... he/she may be better off.

LW_Will
03-01-2013, 01:18 PM
or Animation Mentor and/or fxphd... that'll get him a job for sure.

I'd stay away from Full Sail and anything having to do with DD...

Cryonic
03-06-2013, 03:40 PM
I know that some of the big Hollywood FX studios are having issues, but is that universal? My uncle works in the industry and they have plenty of clients and work. Might not be "glamorous" like movies, but it is paying gigs. Also isn't living in the outrageously expensive California area.