PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to stop instances from generating inside other instances?

mike_stening
02-26-2013, 07:26 AM
Basically i have 4 objects that i am creating instances of, all this works lovely apart from the fact the the instances take no notice of each other and will appear inside another one or just sticking out of one.
So is there anyway of controlling this or selectively deleting instances much like you do with individual particles.

image attached showing what i mean111967

Lewis
02-26-2013, 07:29 AM
are you using several instancers on same object or adding several meshes at single object ? RELAX option helps to prevent instances intersect with each other but it must be all into single instancer panel

mike_stening
02-26-2013, 08:16 AM
the 4 instance objects are all in one instancer panel yes, as they are being distributed over the surface of the model.
From what i understood relaxing worked per instance rather than across all. And that is only for uniform distribution and I'm using random.
but I'll take a look at that. thanks Lewis.

Lewis
02-26-2013, 11:05 AM
Set Relax to 40 (that' smaximum) and seewhat happens. Just be aware layut will become slow when you set that :).

mike_stening
02-26-2013, 11:17 AM
yeah tried that and they just kinda moved together, short of creating an image map to have them conform to it seems i either do a pass per set of instances and retouch together or do one pass and retouch out what i don't like.