PDA

View Full Version : Add Right-click context menu to Close Object in Modeler's Layer Panel.

sami
02-25-2013, 06:51 PM
Just that.

Sometimes when you have lots of objects loaded into Modeler, and especially if you have your layers panel (and other panels) docked on a 2nd monitor, it is miles away to move your mouse all the way to Modeler's File menu to click Close Object.
If you had a right-click context menu on the actual Layers panel root items themselves which added a "Close this Object" entry, that would be very convenient. You already do something similar with the Vertex panel allowing you to rename or delete a map. This is the same thing. Just add Close Object - it's a quick little win that enhances workflow.

Doctor49152
02-26-2013, 03:41 PM
I just mapped ctrl-q to close object. works like a charm.

sami
02-26-2013, 07:11 PM
I just mapped ctrl-q to close object. works like a charm.
That's crazy talk! ;) Do you know how close Ctrl+Q is to Shift+A?? I use Fit Selected all the time and surely will kill the app at the worst time if I did that... :-p

Anyway, with right-click context menu (making it consistent with other panels in Modeler) it means I also don't have to have that object selected in the viewports in order to kill it...
It's just a quick simple thing that wouldn't be hard to add - just putting it out there so it maybe gets on their radar and list for next time...

lertola2
02-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Yes I think that would be very handy