PDA

View Full Version : Cloth dynamics

ige
02-25-2013, 02:38 PM
I'm modelling a bedroom scene and need some pillows. I found this elegant C4D tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c121oXaHEO8. Can something like this be done in LW 11,5 - FXTools/Bullet ...

jburford
02-27-2013, 04:22 AM
That not only looks sweet(!), but is Sweet!

I just upgraded an older Cinema 4D version (10.5) to version 14, and ran through that tutorial last night. Worked like a charm, looked like a charm. If you want, I can do you pillows for you that way and get them to you in fbx format. Let me know.

Can not believe this somehow. . . . 109 views and no comments.

3DGFXStudios
02-27-2013, 04:59 AM
You can do this easily with bullet dynamics. Why not just try it out?

ige
02-27-2013, 03:27 PM
I tried, (thought that LW has the possibillities ...), but couldn't find out how to do it. Do you know how?

prometheus
02-28-2013, 03:26 AM
probably doable with old clothFX too, unchecking relax start might help, increasing resistance, making fixed point selections..perhaps, havenīt checked in to bullet soft bodys that much thouhg, might be easier there.
So I do not have a good explanation on it right now, others who does are welcome and share it..not only saying itīs doable:)

Michael

3DGFXStudios
02-28-2013, 03:30 AM
It bullet it's a lot easier. Just enable the deforming body type on the pillow and make a static floor object to catch it. Make sure volume conservation is set high otherwise you pillow will deflate.

ige
02-28-2013, 09:43 AM
I can make it work on one side - folding around a deforming body and flatten out on the floor. But a pillow has a bottom side too. I mirrored the Trans Object and tried to "glue" the two halves together, but it was nearly impossible to get it nice. In this C4D tutorial he makes a "seam" between the two pillow-sides and "smack" them together over the deforming body. Is it possible to
make one plane go down and the other (backside) go up? Gravity makes both go down ....