PDA

View Full Version : FiberFx Strand Modeler error

laci
02-25-2013, 07:47 AM
I have found an error, OpenGL or anything else, I do not know.
In modeler this is the FiberFx window, the object is glaring white and cyan. So I can't see the fibers at all.
I attached a picture.

Thank You!

Greenlaw
02-25-2013, 03:23 PM
Strange, I'm not seeing that error with Strand Modeler and I still use it from time to time.

This might not work for you but try disabling Color Correct OpenGL. This fixes the black viewport problem with Genoma for me.

G.

laci
02-26-2013, 08:47 AM
Thank You, but Where is it? :)

Greenlaw
02-26-2013, 09:21 AM
Press O to open Options and then click on the Color Space tab and uncheck Color Correct OpenGL. Naturally, if you're using non-linear color management this will make textures look wrong in Modeler. For me, I just disable it when using Genoma and switch it back on when I'm done.

Now when you disable CC OpenGL it actually does have an effect in Strand Modeler because this feature should affect any viewport--if you're working in sRGB color space, for example, disabling it will make the shading look darker and enabling it should make it brighter. That's normal and should be expected.

I just took a look at Strand Modeler here and it appears that this tool isn't color space aware yet, so the sphere may look even brighter than normal. That said, it shouldn't blow out your display even if it's full white. This makes me wonder, if the sphere looks too bright to when CC OpenGL is enabled, could this be a monitor calibration issue? Try recalibrating your monitor.

Otherwise, set the shading on the ball to a darker shade and see if that helps. You can always brighten it later.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

G.

Greenlaw
02-26-2013, 09:28 AM
Just so you know what I'm looking at here:

This is the default light gray surface when CC OpenGL enabled.

I looked at your image again and, yeah, that's really weird--it looks luminous but even if Luminosity was cranked up, FiberFX Strand Modeler should ignore that property.

Have you tried clean configs? If you didn't do a clean install, that could be the problem.

G.