PDA

View Full Version : ABOUT Cloth Dynamics

dreamtracing
02-23-2013, 09:27 AM
I can't working Cloth Dynamics working using object collision with bone active setting!!!

(It seem to Caculate with none bone deforming)

Someone help me please & Thans >~<

philthorn
02-23-2013, 09:40 AM
Some more detail might help us understand what you are trying to do. Do you have a softbody that a boned object is to interact? Are you trying to use softbody on a boned object? If the later you will need to use a weight map to assign the deformable areas - if the former it could be your order of deformations settings. Dan Ablan's new Lightwave 11.5 course might be of help getting up to speed.

dreamtracing
02-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Just trying to make a easy test like LW11.5 PDF menu ....a woman Bullet cloth effect

I want to understand why not workiing with moving bones" when I open the draw collision shape display option"....

the cloth just working in no deform object(maybe bullet dynamic deform not support bone system....i don't know)

Netvudu
02-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Did you already try this? Directly from the 11.5 Manual addendum, page 83:

Using a Deforming object for Collision
When using a character or anything else deformed by bones, morphs or displacement as a
softbody collider, you need to transform the mesh itself (or part of it) into a Bullet Deforming body.
If you want to maintain the original shape of the deformed object, you need to set some
parameters in the Bullet Softbodies panel:
Shape Retention must be set to 100%
Shape Lock must be set to Translation & Rotation
Both Linear and Angular Stiffness must be set to 0
Volume Conservation must be set to 0.
Use simple kinematic shape objects parented to the bones of characters to create effective
softbody colliders. Capsules are perfect for this.

dreamtracing
02-23-2013, 04:05 PM
I had tried this,page91:

Bullet and Bones
You can now parent a Bullet-controlled kinematic object to a bone and animate the bone using IK,
targeting, etc. and the Bullet dynamics will read the motions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
but not working ><

dreamtracing
02-23-2013, 04:52 PM
It working on moving object well....But not bone setting objects

dreamtracing
02-23-2013, 05:54 PM
Thanks! I change collision object bullet type Kinematic to Dforming & it works well