PDA

View Full Version : Add Emitter Get Geometry

rcallicotte
02-22-2013, 12:50 PM
I'm trying to learn how to make fire using NULLs in LW 11.5. I had a Hypervoxel and then go to the FX tab to add an Emitter. Now, under the Geometry tab I have an Emitter. I don't understand why it's coming up there and how do I remove it or do I need to remove it?

Sensei
02-22-2013, 01:03 PM
I don't understand what you're saying.. ;)

I have fresh LW, add null, add HV, add emitter. They're not going up. I am sliding from 1-60 frame. New particles are showing up in same place, inside of sphere.

Geometry tab in Object Properties are showing custom objects which are responsible for showing any not standard object in viewport.

steve0077
02-22-2013, 01:14 PM
You can add hypervoxels to emitters, nulls, objects, and etc. If you add them to a null they will be created at the null and move with the null. If you add them to an emitter it acts as a device to disperse particles in different ways you set the emitter up with hypervoxels attached to particals like to make fire. You select in the geometry tab which item you want to add hypervoxels to then activate it. If you have show particles check on you will see the hypervoxels. This is a very brief discription and you show watch some training videos on the subject.
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/w3dw/WV_LightwaveTraining.html

rcallicotte
02-22-2013, 01:50 PM
What I mean is the Geometry tab can show just HV and the FX tab can just show the Emitter, separately. I've seen it done by someone else, but it isn't happening with me. It doesn't seem to matter, but just wondering what I'm doing differently.

See attachment. I downloaded the TriColor test LWS from this site and I created a NULL(4), based on this work. I can't seem to duplicate just that one thing.

philthorn
02-22-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm trying to learn how to make fire using NULLs in LW 11.5. I had a Hypervoxel and then go to the FX tab to add an Emitter. Now, under the Geometry tab I have an Emitter. I don't understand why it's coming up there and how do I remove it or do I need to remove it?

Could be legacy stuff from older LWS version. It doesn't really matter that the emitter shows up in both tabs, it's the same one. Any edits done to emitter in the geometry tab are reflected in the emitter item of the FX tab. Samey-same.