PDA

View Full Version : Newbie...

yi0rgos
02-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Hi All,

this is my first post here, so please be nice :)

I just started learning Lightwave for personal fulfillment. So I have ordered a book, and I started on watching some tutorials. I have a little problem when I try to move an object; the object always returns to the initial position, and I am left with points at the position that I wanted to move the object. What did I turn ON?

Please see the attachment, of what I am trying to explain.

Kind Regards,

yi0rgos

Snosrap
02-22-2013, 12:54 PM
It looks like a display issue to me. Be sure to install the latest drivers for your graphics card.

UnCommonGrafx
02-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Did you, by chance, copy and paste, in point mode?

That's what I see.

To copy and paste polygons, i.e., the whole object, then you need to do it in polygon mode.

Waves of light
02-22-2013, 03:19 PM
It could be either of the above posts to be fair.

However, I've had similar issues on one of my laptops, it turned out to be a driver issue. It would do the same if I tried to do a 'Bandsaw' cut. Check your graphics card drivers. Also, what are you running LW on laptop, PC... spec?

yi0rgos
02-22-2013, 03:54 PM
I am running LW on a Windows Laptop... i5, 6GB RAM, Radeon HD 7470M 1GB RAM...I also updated the drivers and nothing.... All I am doing in Modeler is to create an object and try to move; no copy or paste.

djwaterman
02-22-2013, 04:22 PM
I sent this to LWG, this is the question followed by their response;

Hi, I'm currently using LW 11.5 on a Dell Vostro Notebook with Windows 8, it has a these specs for the graphic card.

AMD Radeon HD 7670M
Memory 1024 MB
Driver version 8.982.6.0
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Driver version 8.982.6.0
OpenGL
Version 4.0.0 - Build 9.17.10.2843
Vendor Intel
Renderer Intel HD Graphics 4000
GLU Version 1.2.2.0 Microsoft Corporation

My problem is that in Modeler my selection refresh of polygons will be very slow when using some tools such as Bandsaw Pro. Is this a video card problem and is there a known solution? I've also noticed that certain display menus will be crushed tight inside their frame, so some of the tabs will get trimmed or overlap each other.

Thanks.

The Response;

Yes, it's a problem with AMD/ATI video cards and their drivers.

It's something that we're working with the AMD/ATI folks on, and at some point hope to have a solution for users.

At the present time, however, we don't have any workarounds.

You might look at trying turning off AntiAliasing or change the driver setting to allow the AA setting to be controlled by the application.

Some have seen that improve it a little.

sandman300
02-22-2013, 05:03 PM
I had the same thing happen to me although I have an intel graphics chipset. I was able to solve it under the display options > GL tab, set the Shading method to 'Multitexture Shaders' and set the Geometry Acceleration to 'Streaming'.

Danner
02-22-2013, 08:05 PM
"Legacy OpenGL" setting in the GL tab of Display Options is another button to try. If it works well with that switched on it probably means your cards technology is a bit too old for LW to work smoothly.

yi0rgos
02-23-2013, 02:06 AM
Thank you all, so much...what fixed the issue was setting the Geometry Acceleration to Streaming