PDA

View Full Version : LW Renders Out Shortened RTV

Tom Wood
11-05-2003, 09:53 PM
Like, very shortened. A 600 frame scene came out as an 8 frame sequence, even though it took the full time to render all 600 frames and the render status window showed itself rendering them all. How can I make this more reliable?

TW

Axis3d
11-06-2003, 05:22 PM
Were they random 8 frames that rendered? Were they the first 8 frames that rendered? If so, maybe you ran out of hard drive space. Were they rendered on one machine or with a render farm?

Tom Wood
11-06-2003, 05:59 PM
Hi Axis,

It was rendering to the video array of one machine, plenty of room. What I'm finding is that the 'overwrite existing file' function misfires occasionally. Better to save to a clean location.

Thanks,

TW

prospector
11-07-2003, 12:47 PM
Mine does that once in a while (actually did it on the anim I am doing now)
2500 frames rendered and only last 8 frames recorded, even tho it said it was recording all of the anim. 4 days shot:mad:

now rendering to individual frames to go to Aura.

Tom Wood
11-07-2003, 12:52 PM
Yup, same here, individual frames. This got me motivated to get Screamernet up and running (it won't do anim) so I'm happy I did that.

TW

prospector
02-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Well..8.2 doing the same thing...last 8 frames are only ones being recorded.

Any ideas as to why???

Tom Wood
02-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Wow, this thread is a bit moldy...

I haven't rendered animations since I switched to Screamernet and frame sequences way back when. Be sure the folder that you render to is new and empty and that it was created in the OS (Windows) rather than on the fly during setting up the render. Try some short ones first to make sure it's working.

HTH

TW